Melbourne body shop wanted

Does the collective have any recommendations  for decent body shops in Melb? SE preferred but will travel within reason.

I'm not after a concourse repaint of the entire car, but I do want someone who can do a proper job and match the colour. Mine needs the front end paintwork doing (strip the bonnet to bare metal, same for the front bar while blending it back into the front wings). The more I look at it the more it gives me the shits ?

Cheers

Mike

Thanks both. Stu Drummond recommended one to me earlier and had a couple of cars in that this chap had done, so I went round to see them. Hit a quote of $2k to strip and paint the front which didn't seem too bad.

I'd throw Polobody works in Braeside(who works with Phatt Audio Concepts) into the mix. Vito painted my last car and did an awesome job. He also did the RWB southern cross, and his workshop is always full of exoctics. He has done countless show cars and classics and his work is first class. Definitly worth checking out.

• 6 months later...

I've seen Polo's work on the RWB car and was impressed.

My car is by no means concourse, I just want the paint to match which I fear is going to be difficult due to the amount of flake from last year's respray. I have a gut feeling that there could be another respray on the cards... I don't know how that would work with insurance though?

Louie, paint and custom thornburry- worth traveling for, a number of us on the forum use him

Thanks for the advice. I called John(?) this morning. Seems like a nice guy, very reassuring and accommodating. All going to plan I'll get out to him for consultation this week or next week and leave the car off for repair while I'm in Ireland.

Thanks for the advice. I called John(?) this morning. Seems like a nice guy, very reassuring and accommodating. All going to plan I'll get out to him for consultation this week or next week and leave the car off for repair while I'm in Ireland.

John and Louie are the brothers who own the business. You won't be disappointed. 

Dave

Uncle Louie FTW.  Dave and I have bought them their holiday house.

*Further to that thought. They've also just repainted, stenciled the Porsche logo, clear coated and baked my GTS calipers.  They look amazingly good.

Archived