Larry shows us how to clay a car

tomo

Mikes pretty much on the money with all points. Anyone contemplating doing their own paint correction I highly recommend you learn all you can and practice (a lot) on something like an old panel before trying on your P car.

Porsche paint microns sit anywhere from around .6 to .8 which is on the higher scale as you would expect from a premium manufacturer so there's wiggle room compared to the norm.

niko happy to help or give advice on your black beauty. I have clayed mine however is not necessarily the answer to everyone's prayers, however highly recommended if you need to 'clean' the paint before actually working on it from any treatment. The black comes down to the usual factors, person, product, equipment, preparation, environment and application.

Happy to help or offer advice to Pfa members we are taking over the car wash/ detail site in Glen iris this week so look forward to seeing some if you down there!

cheers

jb

Paint correction.. your gonna suggested ceramic coatings next.. shit maybe I should take it to the detailers

This was just and Autumn virgn sacrifice.. in the boredom of the dark winter nights.. I was/am  going to clay the TT.. first time for the car first time for me..

I had just read that clay like pinnacle was the finest , least damage and minimal residue ..but have no experience .. also heard that it keeps its consistency.

Im an onliner as theres bugger all to buy near me.. so simply just googled and ebay 3M product came up at like 6 bucks.. wondered why others are ike 30 bucks..

I strarted googling as I couldnt even find the pinnacle product for sale in Aus

Its not really even about the money ..just a question really as I dont want to bugger the car..

Cos its original paint, original turtlewax, washed with fairy liquid and dried with my old mans chamois thats 40 years old for years..   I do have multiple buckets of water though… and none of that twenty times recycled shit from the city tap.. god stuff straight off the roof 

Oh I lie before you cringe I did , just buy a bowdens chamois a couple actually and some autoglym aqua wax..

PFA's got me all sophisticated.. but Im still putting HP sauce on my eggs in the morning.

Was gonna polish myself afterwards by hand with DP Max Wax Or PS21 or something I have in the cupboard  that has been bought for the lesser cars. Your gonna also tell me , I need a special polish for White cars also hey ??

At least with my experience with clay bars, they are awesome. If you have never done it to your car, it is more than likely covered in contaminates that you don't notice when you are washing. An easy way to show the difference is just get a dry micro fibre towel and try to slide it across the dry, clean bonnet. It will more than likely just stop. When you have finished with the clay bar, the towel will just slip right off. 

My quotes are not working JB8491...   Diamond encrusted ring....Cut it out I'm a bloody "Houso" mate.   

and thanks for the offer JB, I might pop over and see you in the near future.

Where abouts in Glen Iris are you opening..

Happy to help or offer advice to Pfa members we are taking over the car wash/ detail site in Glen iris this week so look forward to seeing some if you down there!

cheers

jb

Tell us more!

Archived