My 914 now has a Momo Prototipo

DaleAlford

A little change for Violet
Not to everyone's taste I know ( flame suit on ) , but I like Magnus Walker and what he does. Didn't mind the look of the MOMO wheels he released either so I bought one . After stuffing around with a cheap boss I bought a MOMO one, and a new horn slip ring from Porsche Brighton ( that they then sourced from Germany, supplied in a week to me in Australia and cheaper than everyone on eBay etc.... ) . Fitted it the other night. Standard leather bound wheel has been placed securely in a bag and will be kept for future refitting if I ever sell her ) Will go for a spin on the weekend smile emoticon

12814802_10153936500064253_2543302400344082559_n.jpg

The modern Momos are thin and covered with modern thin leather , very different to the the old. I have one (not the MW one) and they are nice enough, but the fat real Momos are the holy grail. Be prepared to part with at least one kidney though.

Looks good.

Where did you buy the wheel from?

I bought the wheel from his website when they  were available there .  I got one of the last few according to Karin ( his late wife ).   I'm glad the wife allowed the purchase , I'd just bought a heap of other stuff for various cars and then went back for more.   Thankfully she was in a good mood ??

The modern Momos are thin and covered with modern thin leather , very different to the the old. I have one (not the MW one) and they are nice enough, but the fat real Momos are the holy grail. Be prepared to part with at least one kidney though.

yeah, I had an old one on a previous car.  Should never had let it go ....

Do you have a close up photo of your stop watches, I like the retro look of these.

they are a cheats version.   I cut some propellor plate  to size.  Then cut the heads off 4 Allen head bolts with the grinder.  Using  araldite I then glued the bolt heads and rubber  grommets to the prop plate.  The watches are stuck to the plate with heat resistant hook/hook 3m fastener ( like Velcro on steroids )  and I used the same to stick it to the dash.  All up it took about an hour.   One watch is a Heuer track stopwatch which was about $100 off eBay from the US, and the other one a cheap $5 eBay pocket watch that is roughly the same sized.   I could have bought a extra stopwatch but I actually wanted a clock. :) 

Apologies for the crappy photo, this site wouldn't allow any more than a 40kb image...

image.thumb.jpeg.6a86d63df49d80a2dd7c8df

Archived