FS: Bilstein insert gland nut tool to suit 911 Boge struts

• SOLD
  • For sale: Bilstein front strut insert gland nut tool, to suit 1974 to Mar-1985 Boge front struts in 911, 911SC, 911 Carrera.
  • $20 each + postage, I have 5 4 3 2 1 available for sale.
  • Gland nut & breaker bar in photos are not included in sale.
  • Direct bank deposit is my preferred payment option, I'm sick of paying Paypal & eBay fees lately.

P1050378.jpg

front%20struts%20.jpg

P1050377.jpg

I'm assuming you need this when upgrading/changing the original Boge Strut housings to take the Bilstein inserts?

Can I ask why you have 5?

Hey Caledonian,

My 81 911SC came with Bilstein equipped Boge struts. So when I needed to remove the strut inserts during my in-progress restoration, I found that I needed the special tool for that job. Yes I know that stilsons could remove this nut, but I don't like to do things the bodgy way & burr the nut at the same time(I don't like wearing the blue & white apron;)). So now when I get around to installing my new FCP sourced Bilsteins, I have a tool that allows me to torque the nut to the correct tension.     

I stumbled across a supplier for these Bilstein tools when buying other components from Germany for my resto.

I bought some extras with one of my orders, thinking I could save people the hassle.                                      

• 4 weeks later...

Archived