2016 Euro Day Lakeside

Just a matter of rocking up on the day and paying your entry fee at the gate,not an expensive day but last year some great cars in attendance and for a minimal fee you get to drive on the track in the cruise sessions.

Ok, they haven't gotten back to me yet but this is what I know so far.

She said, the track challenge that they usually run wasn't popular so she understood it may be replaced by 5 lap sprints. 

Details as I get them.

Latest news.

Sprint laps, probably 5 laps with 15 cars at a time. No cams necessary but approved helmet must be worn.

Not official until it is posted on their Facebook page Lakeside Park.

80 pit bays available 5 booked so far. Pit bays are 100 bucks, gets one vehicle and up to 4 people entry. Includes 2 free cruise session's. 

See their website for other details. Euro Day Lakeside. 

The track challenge this year will be 2 x 5 lap sprints with 15 cars per group.

We run 10 cruises on top of the 2 VIP cruises. Each cruise is $10, so you can pretty well spend the better majority of the day lapping the circuit for $100 if you want to do them all.

Pit bays are $100 as above and get you an additional 2 cruises which are only for those in the pit bays. 

They are a relaxed day out, nothing to serious. 

I will be there running the day, but highly unlikely my car will make it (way too much still to do).

• 4 weeks later...

Ok anyone going to this on Sunday?  There are several of the $10 Cruze sessions, no helmet and passengers allowed.  You can also do the sprints, trophies at the end for the fastest.

Not sure what the weather is going to do.  It was a lot of fun last year.  Drivers briefing st 8:30

http://qldraceways.com.au/euro-day

The ultimate SMT when you think about it!

Yeah it was wet!  Didn't stop some pushing the limits, although I suspect modern electronic wizardry was the only thing keeping some on the track. 

In saying that I only saw one spin - a jag right in front of me?

due to the poor weather they will be holding another euro day later in the year so hold onto your entry ticket as it will get you in gates free next time. 

Yeah it was wet!  Didn't stop some pushing the limits, although I suspect modern electronic wizardry was the only thing keeping some on the track. 

In saying that I only saw one spin - a jag right in front of me?

due to the poor weather they will be holding another euro day later in the year so hold onto your entry ticket as it will get you in gates free next time. 

I saw you out there; pretty sure you were the only 911.

I had the Boxster out.. and am not so proud to say, that I was near the slowest car on the track. I hate driving in the wet and the rear just kept stepping out whenever the power was put on.. even coming onto the main straight, it would step out at 100km or so.. scary for someone like me.

There was a blue old school golf.. i think it was a MK1.. if it is the one I am thinking of, he was QUICK. It seemed a pretty serious car.

We left afer a few sessions.. a couple of serious looking 944 turned up.. had rear wings... and they were jacking up and swapping rims as we drove past.. 

There was a blue old school golf.. i think it was a MK1.. if it is the one I am thinking of, he was QUICK. It seemed a pretty serious car.

yeah that's a friend of mine, I was supposed to go with him.  It's a semi-serious car :D  doesn't idle very well in traffic but works and sounds good wound out!

Archived