Tidy Back date

tomo

• 3 weeks later...

Heaps of choices, especially when your spending this level of coin. I don't get that if your going to build a non original car why you would bother to replicate 'look a like' parts badly. Why not be creative and make it your own?

A set of BBS rotiforms would do the trick! :)

Heaps of choices, especially when your spending this level of coin. I don't get that if your going to build a non original car why you would bother to replicate 'look a like' parts badly. Why not be creative and make it your own?

A set of BBS rotiforms would do the trick! :)

the face of the wheel would still be ludicrously pushed outwards. i.e.

cEb1g8f.jpg

oY8vYVY.jpg

still looks gumby, can't get around that brake clearance paired with narrowbody.

but yes might as well customise it with something..

The dish/offsets just look wrong....................don't you think? (front wheels)

The fronts look like every other 16x6 fuchs. That's how they are.  Typically 7's are used with 8/9 rears, I think the combination of wider rears (8 or 9 inch?) with the 6 inch fronts exaggerates the difference.  Perhaps  @tomo can chime in and set the record straight.

for comparison

16x6"

26531279695_ab1df61763_o.jpgfuchs 16x6 wheels 002 by Harvs11, on Flickr

2 wheels on left are 6's, 2 on right are 7's

26505316456_5474fa2633_o.jpgWeb.4.Fuchs by Harvs11, on Flickr

I'm guessing the ones on the rep are a 17, not a 16 - this adds to the odd proportions. 

Yes they look similar but I don't think they look any good...............maybe its just that I've never thought 16 x 6 fuch's look any good either. Narrow 15's on an early car are a completely different story. Each to their own though. 

Not trying to hack on the car, it looks nice - just not feeling the wheels. ;)

The fronts look like every other 16x6 fuchs. That's how they are.  Typically 7's are used with 8/9 rears, I think the combination of wider rears (8 or 9 inch?) with the 6 inch fronts exaggerates the difference.  Perhaps  @tomo can chime in and set the record straight.

for comparison

16x6"

26531279695_ab1df61763_o.jpgfuchs 16x6 wheels 002 by Harvs11, on Flickr

2 wheels on left are 6's, 2 on right are 7's

26505316456_5474fa2633_o.jpgWeb.4.Fuchs by Harvs11, on Flickr

I am with you Harv's they look the same to me , The gossip is that they are 6x16 and 8x 16 oem Fuchs

The car looks fantastic, would love a backdate if money wasn't an issue or my car was a mutt in the first place. I agree with Hugh on the wheels though, something isn't quite right with them on a silver car. Given it's in the UK I'd be picking up a set of Minilites or Cromadoras for it, either that or the alloy "steel lookalikes" our friend in California has made.

The Finished Pics some of the pics seem to be in the wrong format (eg) reduced for the web?format=1500w?format=1500w?format=1500w?format=1500w?format=1500w

Is it because the wheels aren't painted correctly to replicate a Fuchs flat 6?

zz4.jpg

I rekon you have hit the nail on the head on the backdate the spoke looks to be polished to the base of the wheel which makes them more prominent

Archived