the 4th times service

Eddy

I remember that well Rocco.   Last time I had it there, I asked them not to wash it.

low and behold when they bought it up it had been washed...AARRGGHHH.

$200 for a pollen filter?  You have got to be kidding.  Those should be 40-50 maximum.  I would be bringing my own with the service and asking them to use it.  There's paying a premium and there is getting fleeced.

I was quoted over $600 for pollen filter for a VW several years ago..  Needless to say that I um...  Told them to..  Keep it.

Mind you, the same VW service Centre quoted me over $600 to 'install' a new computer into the car + $700 for the part..  A quick look suggested a clip and 3 x screws into the firewall, and an internet search yielded the same part from OS for $250 delivered, + 5 minutes of my labour.

$200 for a pollen filter?  You have got to be kidding.  Those should be 40-50 maximum.  I would be bringing my own with the service and asking them to use it.  There's paying a premium and there is getting fleeced.

I have been thinking the same.   I don't think I really need one anyway.   For the amount of days etc the car is used.

I will give one of the other centres a phone call and get a price and availability.  

The original 12 months "new car" warranty they gave me runs out 30/6.  

Not sure if it would effect any further ext warranty that I take out in future, if I don't put one in though.

Doncaster quoted for a service and never mentioned the need for a Pollen filter replacement.

Pretty sure I am taking my car to Doncaster for the service and the extended warranty.

It is booked in to PCM at the moment, so when I cancel it, it will be interesting if they ask me why.

Just checked Pelican Parts, Genuine Porsche cabin filter (charcoal activated)  $63.00 USD or $83.00 AUD.

Obviously the dealerships will be dearer but I might get one myself.

You should get a new pollen filter if it's time - pay up for the activated charcoal ones, they do work better. If you live in a stinky city full of diesel vws they do get full.  It's part of he hvac system and not only keeps your nose from dust, but the real purpose s to keep the evaporator and heater core and internal pipes and valves from clogging up with detritus.

Thanks gents, I didn't realise that was what the filter actually did apart from cabin clean air.

I don't  have a problem putting in a new one if it'd due.   I do have a problem though if they are price gouging at the service, for the filter.    I'll get a price from PCM Parts tomorrow

and see what the diff is to the $180 - $220, mentioned I the service quote

Re the Pollen filter..they are. ..  PCDoncaster $150.00.    

they are checked every 45K and blown out or cleaned if needed but should be replaced at 60K.

So again.    I wouldn't think mine would need doing anyway at 28k.......  PCM :angry:   

Just spoke again with PCM to cancel the service I had booked in for.

This time got a gentleman in the service dept, who knew exactly what he was talking about (Scott).

Asked why I was cancelling... So I told him about the mix up of prices in both the service and the ext warranty, and what is to be done etc.

Scott was apologetic and immediately sorted things out.

Service is now as per the Service Invitation Card sent out in the mail.   $695.00

It does need a brake fluid change (every two years)                               $180.00

Definitely does not need a Pollen Filter...so scrub that.

Two year extended warranty                                                                  $2390.00

extended an apology for the mix up on everything.   Apparently a new bloke doing the quotes, and Scott was going to have a chat to him.

The $2790.00. quoted for the extended service was apparently for a Cayenne, not a Cayman. 

All good and I will stick with PCM.   But maybe they need to train some of their staff a bit better.

Greeting from China (very hard to get on internet).

Well done Niko. Hope you satisfy now.

Agreed they need more training and care.

I hope the technician who service our cars not a trainee as the persons who gave us quoted.

worry

• 3 weeks later...

4th times service finished.

$1800 for major service and $2400 for 2 years extend warranty

Replaced coolant vent line due to leaking.

Good news there Eddy, glad they found that coolant problem...it was worrying me.

$1800 for Major is not toooooo bad...

Archived