the 4th times service

Eddy

Hi, any advise on 2012 Boxster service

rang PCM  this morning book my car service (they say the 4th times is a major seevice and asked $2400). 

just want to know is the 4th time is call major  service?

$2400 is nornal price

thanks

Eddy

Hi, any advise on 2012 Boxster service

rang PCM  this morning book my car service (they say the 4th times is a major seevice and asked $2400). 

just want to know is the 4th time is call major  service?

$2400 is nornal price

thanks

Eddy

nort sure why they quoted you so much for the major, their website clearly show it as  1599

http://www.porschemelbourne.com.au/Boxster-and-Cayman

weltmeister show it as $1413

http://weltmeister.com.au/service/servicespricing/boxster-and-cayman.html

i just had mine serviced at porsche doncaster and they only charged as shown on their website

they did ring me to let me know i was due for rotors and pads and i must say, i almost fell over backwards when they quoted that..will be doing some shopping around, thats for sure

Hi John, do you happy with the service from doncaster? Last 3 services from PCM I am not really happy.

Also, I asked a loan car and have to wait till the end of May (8 weeks from today).

Quoted me $2400 for major services and my car only 31000km. I few uncomfortable.

Was $2400 an estimated price or the just the base service?

If you asked for an estimate, they may have added in typical items such as brake pads, so might be worth an ask again. 

All the items on the list seem fair as most of the servicing items have a lifetime where the product breaks down over time. The spark plugs are the only thing that probably doesn't need replacing and you might be able to delay them, but would need a visual inspection. Not sure how delaying will affect your warranty though. 

I only asked the price for major servive, they  quoted me $2400.  I asked again and the answer still $2400.

Checked their website tonight only $1500.

I really  don't know how they quoted$2400

Will check again tomorrow

Hi John, do you happy with the service from doncaster? Last 3 services from PCM I am not really happy.

Also, I asked a loan car and have to wait till the end of May (8 weeks from today).

Quoted me $2400 for major services and my car only 31000km. I few uncomfortable.

i had no problems with doncaster, i book mine in around a month before its due and have always secured a loan car for the day

Seems rather odd to quote a high price. Would it not make sense just to quote as per the website and advise that any additional problems or concerns would be on top of the base rate as per the website. 

Have you been able to clarify any further the discrepancy between the listed and quoted rate?

Eddy I think you just have to ask them why the difference between website price and your quoted price.   

Something obviously isn't right there.   

rang PCM this morning, another service person quoted me website price plus 300 extra (replace brake and engine oil etc...) . with a loan car on the 16/05.$1800 I will accepted 

but not  $2400 with a loan car at the end of May.

also they offer 2 years warranty at $26??.  -(can't remember how much) instead 1 year at $1600.

Anyway, last 2 services from PCM I am not very satisfy.

I may try doncaster this year.

The loan car shouldn't cost anything Eddy.

I booked mine in for that $#&%*$ing rattle that drove me crazy(er) to and from Canberra, for the 18th of May, and I get a loan car for that.  

That was the first date available for a loan car for me.

Major service would include the engine oil.

For the extra $300.00 .....maybe that is for brake fluid , and maybe also coolant change?

I was told last time I was in there, that I will be offered one year extra warranty, at my next service, but to wait and take the two years warranty at considerable savings.

Funny enough, received a letter and warranty extension book today from PCM. The total charge for the special 2 year cover is $2390 inc.GST. Not $26?? they quoted me this  morning. To provide correct information to customer , the service dept need more training.

This afternoon they told me for a loan car will be availabe on the 12/05(different again with Niko and yesterday)

• 4 weeks later...

There is definitely a bit of confusion with prices.

I received a reminder in the mail today for my next service (12 month interval) the offer with the reminder was for an intermediate service price of $695.00

(including a free set of windscreen wiper blades)   Which I thought was pretty good.

I rang to book the car in and asked the price of the service, just to confirm, and also mentioning I had received a mail reminder   

I was now quoted $1050.00.   "WTF"

I mentioned the offer on the reminder and I was told that the $1050 included a pollen filter on top of the service price.

I asked if the pollen filter cost close to $400.00.   Oh no... they are about $180 to $220.

So I again asked how it still comes to $1050.    

A recheck and ...."Oh I'm sorry I am quoting for another model vehicle, and actually for a diesel"...??????????

The price I received in the mail is correct, so it will be $695.00 PLUS the pollen filter.

Then asked about extending the warranty on the Cayman.

quote.... 1 year  $1590.00

2 years $2790.00   both prices including GST

I see Eddy's 987 Boxster's 2 year warranty extension is only $2390.00 inc GST.

Very confusing pricing all round, and doesn't instil me full of confidence I might add.

I can make up my mind on the day re the ext warranty...I think I will ask why a PDK Boxster is $400.00 LESS than a manual Cayman.

If I can't get the same pricing as for the Boxster, I will more than likely decline the two year offer.

Some consistency in quoting and pricing would be good.    I'm glad I asked the questions.....  

Any comments.........

Looking at the above comments re Doncaster, from JohnA.....  I just rang them, (Doncaster) and they will also continue the extended warranty.

Same price as Melb for 1 year,

but for 2 years they will do it for $2390.00.  as opposed to $2790.00 from PCM.   I don't get it.   $400.00 extra to PCM

Service person came straight out with the price.   

I think I will be changing dealerships... 

Looking at the above comments re Doncaster, from JohnA.....  I just rang them, (Doncaster) and they will also continue the extended warranty.

but for 2 years they will do it for $2390.00.  as opposed to $2790.00 from PCM.   I don't get it.   $400.00 extra to PCM

But do they have big jars of Pfuffel dust to sprinkle on it?

yea, i have found doncaster to be very good with their servicing pricing, exactly as per website. They also ring to let you know if they find anything else, but dont try push it down your throat. They then quote it for you on the receipt, which they did with my brakes

prior to them, i rang brighten and got quoted a much higher rate then the advertise prices, same as pcm.

I can certainly see why Eddie was confused, with PCM.   

They've got hold of them Niko. They're just seeing how hard they can squeeze.

I had no problems with keeping the servicing and the ext warranty with them, but just disapointing with their quoting and I agree Barry, trying to squeeze the most out of you.

I would like to keep the loyalty thing with PCM seeing as I got the car off them, but this quoting crap has changed my mind.

I'm sure they will probably drop the price of the 2 year warranty if I mention Doncaster's quote.

But that's not the point.   I'm pretty sure Doncaster will get my business, and money.  

I mentioned before their staff need more training, it is because they always give you different answers and make you confused. or, may be their technical staff dont want take any new job,  so, they can seat back and have coffee

I will ask the price again when I drop off my car for service. If price not right I will move to Donester for sure

Archived