Track Tyres

As above, 

yokie 050 is the way forward. The 295 is actually a 305 section tyre. Plenty wide enough. I stagger my compounds. Medium rear and soft front. But am a 1000kg aircooled car. Still tears through rears 50% faster than fronts. I run 28psi front and between that and 30 in the rear. The only thing faster will be hoosier A or R7’s or full slicks. 

45 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

As above, 

yokie 050 is the way forward. The 295 is actually a 305 section tyre. Plenty wide enough. I stagger my compounds. Medium rear and soft front. But am a 1000kg aircooled car. Still tears through rears 50% faster than fronts. I run 28psi front and between that and 30 in the rear. The only thing faster will be hoosier A or R7’s or full slicks. 

Yup, I run this compound combo on the GT3 too... been through a few sets... the rears go first, every time! 

16 hours ago, williamsf1 said:

can anyone help me out?

looking for 050 for a 997 GT3 

whats the biggest I can go on an 18"

I picked up some 18" OZ wheels for my A050's I run 235/40 R18 front with a 295/35 R18 rear 

You can get away with running the 295/30 R18 on the back too, but because the 997 came with a 19, I am told the 35 is the better aspect ratio to run... your rolling diameters need to be in check, you can cause yourself ABS ice mode if the rolling dia is not consistent front to rear. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Yup, I run this compound combo on the GT3 too... been through a few sets... the rears go first, every time! 

I picked up some 18" OZ wheels for my A050's I run 235/40 R18 front with a 295/35 R18 rear 

You can get away with running the 295/30 R18 on the back too, but because the 997 came with a 19, I am told the 35 is the better aspect ratio to run... your rolling diameters need to be in check, you can cause yourself ABS ice mode if the rolling dia is not consistent front to rear. 

awesome info

have been through 2 sets of Trofeo R 245/35/19 305/30/19 but looking for something a little faster

pressures wise - hot I'd be aiming at 30psi and if I got 31 or 32 they would start to bleed grip with yaw