Porsche Experience Centre Atlanta - anyone been?

spiller

Heading back to USA to visit my wife's family over Christmas and I'd like to sneak some Porsche content in while I'm there. The options are some laps in a 991 Cup Car in Vegas with Dream Racing or the Porsche Experience Centre in Atlanta. We've done Vegas to death and as much as I'd love a drive of a 991 Cup, the Atlanta option is leading as its a city we haven't visited before. The website has a 'GT Academy' experience with the 991 RS which seems interesting. I would assume (hope) there are also some display cars in a museum type of facility but the website doesn't specify this.

Who has been and is it worth the visit? Any is feedback appreciated!

They are also currently completing the Porsche Experience Centre in Los Angeles which may provide you with another option.

I saw that on the website, an even better test track by the looks of things. I'm not sure when that is due to be completed but we are bypassing LA this time. Looks like I can drive the GT3, RS and GT4 in a space of 3 hours at the Atlanta facility so should be good!

Not in Atlanta but for some quality Porsche content, Canepa Design might be worth looking into. I have not been as yet but its No.1 on my list for my next visit.

We are going to San Francisco, i believe Canepa is about 1 hour from Downtown SF, could be a good little day trip, some of his stuff is amazing!

Please do the Atlanta experience and report back... I'm "very" curious. Plus the south is awesome. ? 

Will do! The rennlisters are telling me you basically get 90 minutes in the car, during which time you can do whatever you like (eg if open lapping is your thing, spend all your time on the track as opposed to skid pan etc). I like the sound of it. Also excited to get down to the South for the first time. I might have to hit you up for some food recommendations!

Will do! The rennlisters are telling me you basically get 90 minutes in the car, during which time you can do whatever you like (eg if open lapping is your thing, spend all your time on the track as opposed to skid pan etc). I like the sound of it. Also excited to get down to the South for the first time. I might have to hit you up for some food recommendations!

of course dude! Just got back from there this week! 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@D2000 fantastic mate. Highly recommend. I wanted to get out of the car after the 90 minutes, which said it all. Instructors are very laid back and not overbearing in any way. You can as you please. Pay the $50 damage waiver too. Brings the excess down from 10K to 2K or something.

Archived