86 944NA Champagne Oval Dash 190k BRISBANE QLD

kpac

As per title, i'm going to let go of the 944na.

1986, Oval dash, Manual, Naturally aspirated, Australian delivered, Champagne (burgundy interior), Non smoker, 190k, registered until July 2017 (QLD) with roadworthy.

It's a solid mechanical car, that i'll probably regret selling. Spent a bit on it, with nothing major forecast (mechanic can verify)

Interior is good condition with a couple of dash cracks but otherwise all better than to be expected. One wear hole in the bolster of the driver seat, otherwise seats are very good condition (redone 8years ago) Carpets all very good. Rear cover very good working order. Has been a garaged car, so interior fading has not taken effect. everything works, AC isn't very cold. Power windows and power seat all works. 1 AC slide knob is missing. Stearing wheel decent condition, couple of scratches. Tint on the windows show a couple of scratches also.

Body work is fair. An honest description is that it needs some love. Couple of small bumps and scratches, that i've been meaning to have touched up, but the more you look the more you find, so i haven't really got started. The clear has cracked on the sunroof (common issue), couple of cracks in the body kit. Has original (and very good condition) phone dial wheels, with good condition Bridgestone Potenza's all round. No cracks in any glass, boot works perfect (the o'ring cover for the boot lock has gone missing - unsure of where on the road it'll be found..)

Mechanically very good. Does have a very light leak at the front of the engine. Not enough to worry roadworthy, so quite minor. Mechanic has confirmed that it's a collar at the front, and requires a bit of stuffing about to access and fix. The kit is only $140 for 4 collars but labor to carry out the work would take some hours. Mechanic agreed that monitoring would be sufficient for now. Brand new brake pads and reconditions pistons (last week). Did the pistons while doing the pads as it was easier. Just had full service (3 weeks ago) runs and pulls a treat. Always starts first time and idles well, no smoke and no issues. Mechanically the car is very good, steering is solid, breaks great, power good, i'd jump in a drive to Sydney without even thinking about it. The car is good. 

I love it, but i'm going to start looking for a Porsche with an engine in the back.... 

Would consider part trades etc.. ;)

Advertising here first before i succumb to the carsale route.

...considering you responded within an hour of it being listed! Not having much luck Jason, third time lucky?

Man you got that right.  I am now beginning to suspect that if there really is a God that he is a Porsche Fan & that somewhere, somehow, sometime I shat in his weetbix unknowingly & he has decided to take it out on me by continually stymieing my search for a bloody car.  I don't know how many flights I've taken over the last 12 months to go & look at cars interstate (in my price range) only to find them lacking.  So as you can imagine I was quite excited to see a modestly priced car in good knick in my backyard that might fit the bill- AND I MISSED IT.  I was cursing the Gods today when I saw it had gone & considering I was chain sawing at the time shit coulda got real very quickly!!!  I feel like a Porsche Pariah bound to wander through the plains of Porsche Purgatory always on foot, always searching.......  Whinge, whinge poor me & my first world problems.......I can't find a second hand Porsche- boo hoo for poor old me.  (But seriously WTF???) 

Even my wife (who sighs every time I get all giddy when I see a Porsche on the road & point at it & go, "Look Babe Look, that's a (insert model here) isn't it cool?? Isn't it?  Look Babe, LOOK! & she goes -without looking up - in a monotone voice-  "yeah cool so cool wow cool, whatever") felt bad for me on this one & actually said, "Oh shit really? you missed it? Wow that sucks.  I suppose now you will continue to waste an hour or more each night searching the car sites & talking to your little Porsche Internet Friends about cars you don't have!!"  (She is very supportive of my interests).

Thanks for asking jldmelb, felt good to get that out.

Man you got that right.  I am now beginning to suspect that if there really is a God that he is a Porsche Fan & that somewhere, somehow, sometime I shat in his weetbix unknowingly & he has decided to take it out on me by continually stymieing my search for a bloody car.  I don't know how many flights I've taken over the last 12 months to go & look at cars interstate (in my price range) only to find them lacking.  So as you can imagine I was quite excited to see a modestly priced car in good knick in my backyard that might fit the bill- AND I MISSED IT.  I was cursing the Gods today when I saw it had gone & considering I was chain sawing at the time shit coulda got real very quickly!!!  I feel like a Porsche Pariah bound to wander through the plains of Porsche Purgatory always on foot, always searching.......  Whinge, whinge poor me & my first world problems.......I can't find a second hand Porsche- boo hoo for poor old me.  (But seriously WTF???) 

Even my wife (who sighs every time I get all giddy when I see a Porsche on the road & point at it & go, "Look Babe Look, that's a (insert model here) isn't it cool?? Isn't it?  Look Babe, LOOK! & she goes -without looking up - in a monotone voice-  "yeah cool so cool wow cool, whatever") felt bad for me on this one & actually said, "Oh shit really? you missed it? Wow that sucks.  I suppose now you will continue to waste an hour or more each night searching the car sites & talking to your little Porsche Internet Friends about cars you don't have!!"  (She is very supportive of my interests).

Thanks for asking jldmelb, felt good to get that out.

I think your wife and my wife were separated at birth.. We have the exact same conversations every night. The only thing I have that is different is when I show her a really expensive Porsche and say 'do you like this one?' She always says 'yes' so I say 'great! I'll buy that one!' and she just flatly says no

I think your wife and my wife were separated at birth.. We have the exact same conversations every night. The only thing I have that is different is when I show her a really expensive Porsche and say 'do you like this one?' She always says 'yes' so I say 'great! I'll buy that one!' and she just flatly says no

They have hard & stony souls jld...............

That's a keeper right there Lee.  My wife says something with very similar words but a slightly different meaning.  She says, "I don't give a shit what you want, just be happy with a Honda.  Now go change the nappies".

I'm silently sobbing...........

sorry for the heartbreak Jason.

Stick with the forums. Compared to some of the offering on gumtree and carsales, you're a safer bet around here.

Mine is gone to a very enthusiastic, and one of the youngest 944 owners in the country, so good luck to him, and i'm sure yours will run up soon.

Stick with the forums. Compared to some of the offering on gumtree and carsales, you're a safer bet around here.

Mine is gone to a very enthusiastic, and one of the youngest 944 owners in the country, so good luck to him, and i'm sure yours will run up soon.

Sounds like the buyer did well (got a Dream car- see what I did there - champagne comedy that is).  As you say I will keep searching.

cheers, 

JE

He's a good kid, he may be the youngest forum member as well.

Archived