996, 997 GT3 visual differences.

red clubbie

Thanks for your reply.....

I have seen some cars with coloured wheels, but assume they are not original.

Probably repainted to look like an RS version.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

I can say with certainty that the 996 GT3 (neither clubsport or touring) had the option of different coloured wheels, so anything you see on a 996 (other than silver) is an aftermarket job. Black wheels may have been an option on the 997s but definitely nothing to do with clubsport or touring designation. Any other colours on a non-RS car would be aftermarket.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

What is generally the difference between clubsport and touring? Seats?

Nomex bucket seats, roll cage (including front half but not fitted), 6 point scroth harness (not fitted), fire extinguisher and preparation for battery kill switch.

Touring came standard with the same seats, but in leather. Electric leather comfort seats were an option on the Touring cars.

996.1 CS also had single mass flywheel as opposed to dual mass in the 996.1 Touring. 996.2 CS and 996.2 Touring both had dual mass flywheel.

• 11 months later...

Nomex bucket seats, roll cage (including front half but not fitted), 6 point scroth harness (not fitted), fire extinguisher and preparation for battery kill switch.

Touring came standard with the same seats, but in leather. Electric leather comfort seats were an option on the Touring cars.

996.1 CS also had single mass flywheel as opposed to dual mass in the 996.1 Touring. 996.2 CS and 996.2 Touring both had dual mass flywheel.

Hi Spiller, do you know if the 997.1 GT3 came standard with full cage or just the rear section?

Hi Spiller, do you know if the 997.1 GT3 came standard with full cage or just the rear section?

I'm going to say yes No in Clubsport trim (bolt in removable rear section only). 

link attached is for the 997.2 GT3  http://www.gt3resource.com/resources/Documents/Catalogue_911_GT3_997_MY09_PCGB.pdf

Thanks to an excellent aussie gt3resource WEB site. 

It consists of a roll cage that is bolted to the body behind the front seats, a six-point racing harness in red for the driver’s side, a fire extinguisher with mounting bracket and preparation for a battery master switch. The Clubsport The Clubsport package is available only in conjunction with the optional sports bucket or lightweight bucket seats. These are covered in a special flameretardant fabric for extra safety. package is available separately from Porsche Motorsport, as is the front roll cage element required for FIA-approved racing events.

Archived