For Sale - 911E Project

Gents

I am considering selling my 911E (1971) project. 

To hopefully recoup some of the money spent. 

The list of parts available is set iut below.

PLEASE NOTE: I will only sell the parts if I can find buyers for ALL of the below items.  I know this is an odd way to sell off a project, but if I can recoup the money I have spent by selling all the items, then I'll chuck the project in a shed until I can find a cheap roof for the shell in the next year or so. 

The items are as follows: 

(1) bare 911E (71) body shell ($9000) - shell was originally a light yellow coupe, but roof was removed in the 80s to make way for a conversion to a purple 959 convertible. Fuchs wheels not included;

(2) 3.0L 911SC engine ($8500): runs and idles - see my gumtree ad (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1129564539);

(3) 915 gearbox ($4000): changes gears smoothly; 

(4) 15 inch fuchs ($3000); 

(5) black leatherette front seats (with headrests) for a 911T/911E ($4500): excellent condition; 

(6) black leatherette rear seats (jumper back rest and seat pad) for a 911T/911E/911S ($600): excellent condition; 

(7) original front bumper to suit 911 T/E/S ($1000): good condition with no rust, but one or two very minor dents; 

(8) original hood to suit 911T/E/S ($1250): very good condition with no rust and no dents; 

(9) original headlights to suit 911 T/E/S ($400): good condition;

(10) original indicators to suit T/E/S ($300): excellent condition; 

(11) original horn grills to suit T/E/S ($300): excellent condition; 

(12) doors and polished alloy door frames ($2000): excellent condition; 

(13) original steering wheel to suit 911E ($900): excellent condition;

(14) original full set of silver dot gauges (speedo in MPH) ($1500): excellent condition;

(15) original decklid to suit 911E ($2950): excellent t condition with all letters, badges and grill, one minor dent that can be easily fixed; 

(16) original rear bumpers (plus chrome bumperettes) ($1200): excellent condition; 

(17) original rear center plate ($100) terrible condition; 

(18) original rear tail lights ($600): excellent condition. 

PM me if you are interested.

Cheers 

Jono

Gents

I really need to sell the project car, otherwise I'lol be in muchos trouble with the Mrs. 

I'll sell the whole lot for $27K. It owes me $10K+ more than that! 

There are bucket loads of super rare parts in that deal!  

PM me if interested. 

Photos to follow. 

Cheers Jono

And I thought I liked you...My finger hovered above the PM button a few times let me tell you...

Congrats.  Now we will need to see a really good build thread ;)

The SC will have to wait a little longer to go back to original colour.

Pictures will be forthcoming as they are drip fed from Rohan :D

Gents

I inform you, with mixed emotions, that KLASSSSY has a new owner. 

KLASSSSY has been a roller coaster of ups and downs for me. The project itself has been super interesting and fun, but low points have definitely included my wife recently threatening the "D" word and also being scammed out of a bunch of cash for a non-existent body shell. 

I sell KLASSSSY with great regret in not having brought her back to her former glory. She'll be one sexy lady once finished! 

However, I AM VERY PLEASED to inform you that Peter K (@P-Kay) has bought her.  Peter is a great bloke and he has the passion, patience and budget to properly restore her to her former glory. And, most importantly, the addition of a new project to his garage doesn't appear to phase his Mrs. Lucky man! 

I will be following Peter's build thread with great interest! I think it'll start coming together pretty quickly! 

Thanks for all your support during my short lived build thread. 

Cheers

Jono

The SC will have to wait a little longer to go back to original colour.

Pictures will be forthcoming as they are drip fed from Rohan :D

you are not helping me like you....

@P-Kay great to hear. I can't wait to hear the plans for it. If you want a hand with any dumb work (I'm pretty useless) let me know. I'd be keen to see this progress first hand.

yeah I'm not even good at dumb work but would love to see this beastie up close and personal. Pizza and beers at PK's?

Congrats on the sale and new ownership. I'm really pleased this sold because I like others was tempted and hovering...

having 6 cars and garage space at home for 2 was a mere detail that I didn't let get in the way....

I shall do my best to answer all the banter ;) 

I too am hanging out to see it in the flesh, however, it will only be the pictures that Jono has supplied. It is destined to go from Jono's to the beater (via Werks) to have a roof and new quarters attached. There are many dependencies at play at the moment as technically, I am homeless. Construction will start next year and I doubt very seriously the house will be ready before the E, therefore storage for a short stint. The SC is still at the mechanics as the cylinders and barrels supplied were 'not a set', so I have James and the mechanic sourcing me options. Once again, the SC will not be ready this side of Christmas, however, should be ready to slot in after the E for it's return to original colour. I doubt I will have time to redo the entire suspension in between. The current garage has my Falcon which has rust repair on the passenger side almost complete with the same needed for the driver's.

So the current sequence is:

• Roof and quarters on E
  • Engine reassembly on SC
  • E in storage
  • SC off to Hollywood to change name from Betty to Beverly
  • Finish Falcon
  • Rotisserie the E 
  • Finish house, install hoist and build work shed behind garage door 3
  • Oh and prep and sell the Carrera somewhere in there as well

So just a small list then, no worries be all fixed in a jiffy!! :P

I also bought a car for the wife on the same day as the E and am privately selling her Merc.......

Hey, why do things by half - he says while shaking his head saying WTF have I done :unsure:

Life is there to be lived!!! :D:D:D

Archived