Selling My Car Question?

Digital Mouth

Hi Guys

I'm thinking about selling my 1998 2.5L Porsche Boxster. I've just spent a small fortune on it so I'd like to sell it for a good price.

I've had a look around on the internet and some of them start at 15K and others 20K.

The 15K ones don't have all the things I have listed.

Any price recommendations from you guys would be great!

The car has 198.000 KM on the clock.

I just recently put in..

- New Canvas Roof

- New Clutch

- New Flywheel

- New Battery

- New Tyres

- New 19inch Wheels

- Upgraded Rear Led Lights

- New Air Filter

- All Fluids And Oils And Spark Plugs Checked

- AC Gas Refilled

The vehicle has also featured in various photo shoots including this one..

ilhv2d.jpg

92ijlmr9.jpg

1oow2s.jpg

4j2ede.jpg

Hey Digital Mouth,

In my experience when selling a car the market won't pay more then the market price. If the most expensive one on car sales is 20k, I doubt you will get more then this, especially considering the amount of KM's on the car. The car paint in the photos looks very good and the work you have done to it should hopefully fetch you top dollar. 

Looking at the models on car sales there is quite a big gap between all the cars avaiable. Personally I would start at the top 22-25k and see how many leads you get. If you haven't heard anything in 2-3 weeks I would adjust.. etc etc. Based upon how fast you want to sell the vehicle. 

Unfortunately DM i think you may have over capitalised a tad.   

Being the early 2.5 they are not commanding a lot, in fact its a great buyers market out there for Boxsters.

Being a manual is a plus for you.  But 198K is also getting up there.

Your car looks great though (and am I glad you changed those wheels you had on it when you first got it)  

The current wheels look sensational.

Being a bearer of bad news I think your 15k... maybe a couple of grand more is about on the money.

Having said that I haven't been watching car sales etc lately.  

But if you got it at a good price, and you've had it for a couple of years at least  I think (?) and had a fair amount of fun in it...

Put it in for 20k see what happens, you've got nothing to lose, especially If your not in a hurry to sell.  

If it has plenty of rego, and I guess you have a road worthy certificate for it (if you do that in NSW)

You might just go ok.  Now is certainly the time to move a Boxster on.

I just read wirthO's comments above as I was putting mine in.    Good advice.   If your not in a great hurry try the market at 22-25K,

If your in a hurry 20 k and see how it goes.

Good luck with it.

Try for 20 but realistically as NIko said, overcapitalised on a cheap car ... that few want at a top price I'm thinking for a sale within a month put it on at 17 to get the interest and take 15 , otherwise it probably may sit there for 6 months til you budge. I'll give you 15 for the girl, cash!

In the vast majority of cases, the factory units are just fine. Due to media hysteria, however, some owners feel pressured to upgrade. Sad really. But some people are like that -- obsessively worry about nothing.

Soooooo a bit like the IMS problem......

Leave them as they are and they should serve you well.

But due to the negative publicity and criticism, maybe you should upgrade them....

Archived