997 Wheel Choice

K911

I been considering swapping out my factory wheels for something different ever since I bought it. Ive spent months looking at various options and nailed it down to 2 types of wheels I think suit a 997.

Factory 19" Sport classic or HRE 935 Vintage Series. I came across these HRE wheels just recently and thought I would photoshop them to my car to see how they look as Im bored to death at work. 

The problem I have is my taste is expensive. Pricing on wheels is out of control!! Plan is to drop the car 20mm first, then Ill have a good long hard think about the wheels later in the year.

HRE_zpsxo5fejyx.jpg

I Have the 19" Carrera Classics on my 997 but if I were to change wheels ,that,s what  I would go with ,,,,,the other advantage of a five spoke wheel design is they are easy to keep clean ,,,eg you can get in there with a brush and sponge and wash them relatively easy and also get to the caliper to clean it to,,,,unlike many of the modern multi spoke wheels that are on the market these days ,,,very difficult  and time consuming to clean .....

A lot like the Compomotive TH on my 924!  Which would be quite unique on a 997 I imagine.

But hard to beat Sports Classics on a 997! This one needs to drop a bit too...but yeah.

attachment.php?attachmentid=257776&stc=1

Love those Compomotive's also. I recently was in the Flinders Ranges and did around 800ks on very decent gravel roads. Although I was in a rental car, all I could think about was being in my Carrera with a 4"lift kit, Compomotive's and some all terrain tyres!

I been considering swapping out my factory wheels for something different ever since I bought it. Ive spent months looking at various options and nailed it down to 2 types of wheels I think suit a 997.

Factory 19" Sport classic or HRE 935 Vintage Series. I came across these HRE wheels just recently and thought I would photoshop them to my car to see how they look as Im bored to death at work. 

The problem I have is my taste is expensive. Pricing on wheels is out of control!! Plan is to drop the car 20mm first, then Ill have a good long hard think about the wheels later in the year.

HRE_zpsxo5fejyx.jpg

Mate that looks class...I've been thinking the same for my 996 - something different.

Don't look at the fifteen52 web site - you'll be in all sorts of trouble.....

forgedmullet3pc_grande.jpg?v=1449131079

Jim.

I Have the 19" Carrera Classics on my 997 but if I were to change wheels ,that,s what  I would go with ,,,,,the other advantage of a five spoke wheel design is they are easy to keep clean ,,,eg you can get in there with a brush and sponge and wash them relatively easy and also get to the caliper to clean it to,,,,unlike many of the modern multi spoke wheels that are on the market these days ,,,very difficult  and time consuming to clean .....

Are these available only from Porsche ?

Archived