Anyone used AusPost (Shopmate) freight forwarding from the US?

Works out a little cheaper than shipping direct from the U.S. On my last 2 parcels, it took up to a week from when they received the parcel at their U.S warehouse till when they notified me and sent me an invoice. Ended up taking almost 4 weeks from when the goods were shipped to them until I received them.

Rob

I recently bought a clutch from the US for Jr's 944 and I paid AU$86 for postage ...

Seeing as I saved about $300 overall than buying local, I was happy with the end result.

I don't know if the postage service you are talking about is cheaper that $86, but I had it here in about 5 days, no fuss .....

I recently bought a clutch from the US for Jr's 944 and I paid AU$86 for postage ...

Seeing as I saved about $300 overall than buying local, I was happy with the end result.

I don't know if the postage service you are talking about is cheaper that $86, but I had it here in about 5 days, no fuss .....

Well Dreamer you may have just become my newest best friend!! (lucky you).  Which company did you buy your clutch from & which postage service did you use?  Were you slugged with customs duties/ GST? as I assume the value of the kit was over $1000aud which incurs those charges.

I had a look on Pelican Parts at their "Super Clutch Kit" $880usd - call it $1150aud plus $145 for postage/ shipping.  

I would be very interested to find out who you went through.  

Cheers, Your new Bestie!!

You will have to work harder than that to be my new beastie, Jason! ...... although I'm happy if you want me to be yours ... :lol:

I did what any Porsche owner would do when that want to save money ..... went straight to Ebay US . ...

To be fair, I don't know if there is a difference between a 944 and a 944 S2, but I got the kit delivered for about AU $670 ... and that was a Sachs kit ... oh ... no charges on import!

I couldn't find anything in Oz even close to that!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272113086374?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hope this helps .....

Regards ..... your new bestie! ...... B)

EDIT...... I just noticed that the price has gone up compared to what I paid .... but still cheaper than local!

That is actually much cheaper than what I have been looking at. I have been looking at sending my engine parts to the US and I did a few searches with couriers and it was going to be around $1100-$1200 to send 80kg each way. The cheapest I had found was Pack n Send. I didn't know about that service, but from my calculations I could send 4 20kg packages for about $450. That is a massive saving.

That is actually much cheaper than what I have been looking at. I have been looking at sending my engine parts to the US and I did a few searches with couriers and it was going to be around $1100-$1200 to send 80kg each way. The cheapest I had found was Pack n Send. I didn't know about that service, but from my calculations I could send 4 20kg packages for about $450. That is a massive saving.

You have to send parts to the US to be worked on, no one in AUS can do this?

Archived