FS 2016 GT3 RS

You're probably right, as a rabid car enthusiast I struggle to see that side of it. Would explain why late model 911s only seem to come in 1 of 3 colours.

Back to the topic of the thread, on rennlist they're saying between 5000 and 6500 of these were made!! No wonder Porsche is being coy on delivery numbers. Wonder how many made it out here?

I have been told,in lots of 40s X 3 = 120?

Really? The talk on rennlist is now firming at 5500 to 6500 made. They certainly seem way more common than the 997 versions.

Yep, that's my info from a reliable trade source.

Well after seeing the price of the 911 R for sale on car sales in the other thread these look like a much more affordable option ................:lol::lol::P

And, bluntly, a better car.

(that should keep the thread going!)

If I buy it , how much you guys wanna pay per lap …. name your track….  

Skids I need the picture for the campaign please 

Mate, I struggle to take a photo on my iPhone let alone upload!!

Yep, that's my info from a reliable trade source.

And, bluntly, a better car.

(that should keep the thread going!)

Mate, I struggle to take a photo on my iPhone let alone upload!!

Did some more digging and it seems about 140 GT3RS's came to Australia.  Waiting on total production numbers from my source and will post. 

• 3 weeks later...

Asked One who Knows and the information is that others who said around 5000 GT3RS's were right. 

Interesting twist from the same guy who is senior Porsche sales. He says that the picky  Porsche buyer is not necessarily turned on by Carrera's Carrera S's but looking for something unique now that Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren et al have their shit together and that those buyers are crossing the floor and stumping for something "special". Not necessarily rare, just special. 

Im guessing the days of 1500-2000 special run models are pretty much over unless it's an emasculated model run out sticker kit job like the 911R.  ??

Sort of like what Holden did with the G Pak Torana back in the day but with less daring colours ....

It's still a very rare car. RHD typically <10% of production. On top of that we still can't import even if we wanted to, so 140 cars total. Yes it's double both of the 997 versions but it's still crazy thin on the ground here.

They're going to drop back in the short term because the flippers don't want to get stuck with them, but long term they'll go up. Too rare and too desirable not to.

Asked One who Knows and the information is that others who said around 5000 GT3RS's were right. 

Interesting twist from the same guy who is senior Porsche sales. He says that the picky  Porsche buyer is not necessarily turned on by Carrera's Carrera S's but looking for something unique now that Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren et al have their shit together and that those buyers are crossing the floor and stumping for something "special". Not necessarily rare, just special. 

Im guessing the days of 1500-2000 special run models are pretty over unless it's an emasculated model run out sticker kit job like the 911R.  ??

Sort of like what Holden did with the G Pak Torana back in the day but with less daring colours ....

The Kids say...............don't forget the G Pack!

Archived