FS 2016 GT3 RS

If you're interested PM me.  It's Miami Blue.  The only one in Australia.  Putting it up here for a mate before he throws it up on Carsales.  I like the color way more than my Lava Orange but thought that 20k is a bit strong to be an individual!

if you're in the market I'll pass you onto my mate. 

Asking $565,000

Just a few days ago my son was saying how cool a blue GT3RS would be painted like "The King" from Cars movie!

Here's you chance to truly stand out!

latest?cb=20110918011040

As Mel Brookes said in "History of the World Part 1" ... "It's good to be the king. 

was that the press car?

I don't know to be honest. I can ask the question. 

It's a 2016 model. Now Feb 017 What's wrong with it?:o

Ashtray's full I think. 

was that the press car?

Just checked with the owner. Not a press car.  He ordered it. 

How much were these delivered? Redbook says $387+ onroads which doesn't seem right, I don't ever remember one being listed online at that price.

Way out of my budget but a GT3RS in Miami looks awesome. There was one someone posted last month possibly in the gratuitous pics thread.

Yep, here it is:

There are several on car sales at the moment and all are asking for that sort of money and upwards ,,,,,,,,,A friend of mine of another P car Forum told me he payed close to $450 K delivered for his ,,,so yes this is a substantial mark up on the original delivery price ,,,,,,but this is a trend that is happening all around the world not just here ,the RS and The R seem to be the cars of the moment and people are prepared to pay to get one regardless of price...........All I can say is good luck with the sale Skidmarks and congratulations to who every buys the car ,,,If I had the coin I certainly would  :)

There are several on car sales at the moment and all are asking for that sort of money and upwards ,,,,,,,,,A friend of mine of another P car Forum told me he payed close to $450 K delivered for his ,,,so yes this is a substantial mark up on the original delivery price ,,,,,,but this is a trend that is happening all around the world not just here ,the RS and The R seem to be the cars of the moment and people are prepared to pay to get one regardless of price...........All I can say is good luck with the sale Skidmarks and congratulations to who every buys the car ,,,If I had the coin I certainly would  :)

I'm not selling mine!!  450 on road is about right with some "sensible" boxes ticked.

I'm trying to convince my mate to keep his but he comes back with "I'll still have my 2009 GT2" so that farks me right there.

The thing is, the GT3RS wasn't "limited" production in the sense of a set number being on the books for Porsche at its inception.  

No one can tell me how many they made (as I think the build slots are closed and no more will be built).  I know I'm not helping my mate here but I also don't see the sense in paying way over book for a car just released.  If I'd not been called and offered a slot, I would not have waited for them to appear "second hand" and paid another 100 + gorillas to own one.  But I get that others will.

At 450, its a shed load of car and although "value for money" is a totally silly term at this level, the price is not crazy when you consider you can pay that for a well optioned 991 Turbo which they'll make until they can't sell any more or the new model arrives.

I'm driving mine at the moment.  The 12 minute commute to work is not filled with any challenge but for shits and giggles I press "PDK Sport" and the whole trip gets done in 2 gear at high RPM.  Combined with the in your face orange, I'm sure the looks I get and try and convince myself are in admiration are actually reflecting the unspoken "wanker" that is actually what they're thinking ....

Judging someone because they drive a nice car is for tiny people with tiny closed minds. Can't stay sane for the jealousy coursing through their veins - not at the fact that you've got a nice car, but more because they wish they had that sort of money to spend to begin with.

Whomever buys this car will not be sorry as regardless of how many they brought in, this is bound to be rare as hens teeth in this colour. Wish I could afford it!

Judging someone because they drive a nice car is for tiny people with tiny closed minds. Can't stay sane for the jealousy coursing through their veins - not at the fact that you've got a nice car, but more because they wish they had that sort of money to spend to begin with.

Whomever buys this car will not be sorry as regardless of how many they brought in, this is bound to be rare as hens teeth in this colour. Wish I could afford it!

I would say there is a good chance a Porsche driver would be a wanker. Not all, but enough for the assumption to be on reasonably safe ground. Many people are motivated towards ownership not out of enthusiasm, but because they have money and want to demonstrate their superiority to all who they sail past. Mostly late model black on black I find.

To Slidz, keep on fangin'.

Many people are motivated towards ownership not out of enthusiasm, but because they have money and want to demonstrate their superiority to all who they sail past.

You're probably right, as a rabid car enthusiast I struggle to see that side of it. Would explain why late model 911s only seem to come in 1 of 3 colours.

Back to the topic of the thread, on rennlist they're saying between 5000 and 6500 of these were made!! No wonder Porsche is being coy on delivery numbers. Wonder how many made it out here?

You're probably right, as a rabid car enthusiast I struggle to see that side of it. Would explain why late model 911s only seem to come in 1 of 3 colours.

Back to the topic of the thread, on rennlist they're saying between 5000 and 6500 of these were made!! No wonder Porsche is being coy on delivery numbers. Wonder how many made it out here?

That many?  Thats good.  More people in them means Porsche will continue to make nutty cars that no one really needs like these. 

I asked the statistics nerd at the dealership where I bought mine the question and he ducked and weaved like a hostile witness.

Still, who cares.  Its a weapon and soon will be the last of its kind as I'm sure it will be one of the last naturally aspirated GT3's.  Porsche will go one more model cyc;e and then cave to the inevitable as turbocharging in opposition brands makes peaky air suckers a thing of the past.

Have to say, the induction "wushppphh" that the RS makes when you sink the Florshiem is fantastic. 

Anyway, anyone wanna buy my mates car? Rates a low and who needs to own their own house anyway? Sell the house, rent in the outer 'burbs and stick the miles on an RS.

I'm a crappy saleman. And probably a wanker too!

With 565k burning a hole in your pocket, wouldn't you just wait for 992 GT3RS and pocket the change. I don't believe 991 is the last of NA and the next one might even come in manual?

But presumably you have to be "inside the tent" to get one?  If that's the case, wait for the current 991 owners to be offered 992 slots and then the market gets flooded with their "old" cars.  As much as I love these things, I simply would refuse to pay 100k+ over the price of a brand new one.  Maybe that my Scottish old man's genes shining through.....

That many?  Thats good.  More people in them means Porsche will continue to make nutty cars that no one really needs like these. 

I asked the statistics nerd at the dealership where I bought mine the question and he ducked and weaved like a hostile witness.

Still, who cares.  Its a weapon and soon will be the last of its kind as I'm sure it will be one of the last naturally aspirated GT3's.  Porsche will go one more model cyc;e and then cave to the inevitable as turbocharging in opposition brands makes peaky air suckers a thing of the past.

Have to say, the induction "wushppphh" that the RS makes when you sink the Florshiem is fantastic. 

Anyway, anyone wanna buy my mates car? Rates a low and who needs to own their own house anyway? Sell the house, rent in the outer 'burbs and stick the miles on an RS.

I'm a crappy saleman. And probably a wanker too!

Rent out near the mountains, save rent, save mileage :D

There's around 105 that made it here...I still need to go in and check again but I believe everything has been delivered. 

Definitely a lot more cars this time round, but PDK opens the car up to a much broader audience, plus I feel like there's a significant amount of effort put into this car over previous GT3 to RS in the past. 

Saw a sticker (on a Porsche) once - "Not all Porsche drivers are wankers but all wankers drive Porsches"

Sadly when I bought my vanity plate, the one I really wanted wasn't available. 

POW911

Standing joke from a forum in a far land, where we always called a certain bunch on trackdays the Porsche Owning Wankers, generally abbreviated to POW's. Seemed apt now that I am one myself :lol::lol:

With 565k burning a hole in your pocket, wouldn't you just wait for 992 GT3RS and pocket the change. I don't believe 991 is the last of NA and the next one might even come in manual?

But presumably you have to be "inside the tent" to get one?  If that's the case, wait for the current 991 owners to be offered 992 slots and then the market gets flooded with their "old" cars.  As much as I love these things, I simply would refuse to pay 100k+ over the price of a brand new one.  Maybe that my Scottish old man's genes shining through.....

I've got to agree with this. If they were list it'd be a different story. But $100k over makes it hard to justify. I know Porsche in NA now rations spots based on whether you were a 918 buyer or not, can't remember what it is called (its kinda like Porsche Preferred but for buyers) but you aren't allowed to sell a car you've bought in the first 6 months, if you do you get kicked out and aren't eligible for the 'next big thing'.

The stupid thing is though, word on the street is that all spots are full for the next GT3 let alone RS, so good luck getting one at RRP.

Rent out near the mountains, save rent, save mileage :D

There's around 105 that made it here...I still need to go in and check again but I believe everything has been delivered. 

Definitely a lot more cars this time round, but PDK opens the car up to a much broader audience, plus I feel like there's a significant amount of effort put into this car over previous GT3 to RS in the past. 

I already live out near the mountains - still don't have the coin :P

105 - thats awesome! More chance of getting one down the track.

I would say there is a good chance a Porsche driver would be a wanker. Not all, but enough for the assumption to be on reasonably safe ground. Many people are motivated towards ownership not out of enthusiasm, but because they have money and want to demonstrate their superiority to all who they sail past. Mostly late model black on black I find.

To Slidz, keep on fangin'.

Pork Chops once you've gone black on black you don't go back.  Or something like that?

Archived