A Porsche lovers horror film. 944 appearance in the movie Get Out - then they crash it!!!!!!

Jason E

Watched a new release movie last night called "Get Out" (worth a watch) & was amazed to see in the first 2 minutes one of the main characters (a bad guy) turns up in a white N/A 944 & then abducts a character & throws him in the boot.  Testament to the fact that you can fit a body in the back of a 944 if you have to. 

Talk about a random choice for a car to feature in this film.  I just thought it was strange car to feature as there was no rhyme or reason to it's inclusion.  Then to my horror the car gets totaled at the end of the film.  My wife got a surprise when I jumped up & yelled out, "NOOOOOOOOOO, the Horror, the Horror!".  Well it is a horror movie so I suppose it was warranted.

Watched a new release movie last night called "Get Out" (worth a watch) & was amazed to see in the first 2 minutes one of the main characters (a bad guy) turns up in a white N/A 944 & then abducts a character & throws him in the boot.  Testament to the fact that you can fit a body in the back of a 944 if you have to. 

So it was intelligent organised crime then. The 944 has a glass hatch so everybody could see the body in the back. :o

Guess the director is one of those arty types and not very practical. :wacko:

Just what the 944 potential owners need - our car to be trendy with gangsters. image trying to buy a car, "what are those stains in the boot?"

Just what the 944 owners need - our car to be associated with a practical boot. How will we get any respect from the sports car fraternity? 

Jason, did he have the split rear seats?

Well we don't need to watch that now that we know the ending! ;) 

Don't worry Lee- not a spoiler at all for the film.

Just what the 944 potential owners need - our car to be trendy with gangsters. image trying to buy a car, "what are those stains in the boot?"

Just what the 944 owners need - our car to be associated with a practical boot. How will we get any respect from the sports car fraternity? 

Jason, did he have the split rear seats?

Didn't get that close a look unfortunately Brian.

It sounds like we all need to ask Timm about the boot stains though!!!!

Have a look at "The Tunnel" (was on ABC, maybe also on NetFlix), where one of the female leads (a French detective) drives a 944 NA.

cheap homage to the original Swedish version which featured a 911

Archived