Been wanting to get a few heads together for night time drive in the hills in the near future for something different. 

Starting at Aldgate, then onto wherever is open for a coffee (I hear Shady Speedway has a new coffee machine!) Any ideas, favourite roads or destinations are welcome, and I'd also like to see a few more PFA members coming along

What is the night wildlife like over there? Could never consider that here, too many moving obstacles to navigate :)

nor in melb, too many moving teenagers to avoid who want to carjack us as we rendezvous at a local petrol station to meet & take off...:mellow:

What is the night wildlife like over there? Could never consider that here, too many moving obstacles to navigate :)

Apparently it's pretty good at the Arkaba Hotel.  Is that what you mean?

Mainly foxes, rabbits, and the odd kangaroo and koala thrown in for good measure.  And possums, owls, cats, snakes, lizards.  The ringtail possums are a nice creature. They have cute little button noses and big eyes.  I used to have one living under my front veranda.  when they get in the roof, all of a sudden, they ain't so cute.

@LeeM, I'll have a think about some roads.  Maybe we can finish up at a pizza place somewhere.

Apparently it's pretty good at the Arkaba Hotel.  Is that what you mean?

Mainly foxes, rabbits, and the odd kangaroo and koala thrown in for good measure.  And possums, owls, cats, snakes, lizards.  The ringtail possums are a nice creature. They have cute little button noses and big eyes.  I used to have one living under my front veranda.  when they get in the roof, all of a sudden, they ain't so cute.

@LeeM, I'll have a think about some roads.  Maybe we can finish up at a pizza place somewhere.

I'll take your word for it Stew ;)

Little and not so little furry animals are not too kind to the front of low cars.... :blink:

When summer comes around again we can do a beach cruise.  From Glenelg to Semaphore there's not too many sets of lights.  

True, though I wouldn't be leaving my car unattended for 30 seconds at Semaphore or Largs areas! 

Archived