GT3 seats

edgy

Looking for bucket seats for my 997 GT3, ideally the OEM Clubsport ones would be good, failing that other ones that I'd consider are: 997 GT2 folding bucket, 996 GT3 Recaro in perlon fabric or maybe even some Recaro's if you had a setup to offer (rails/runners etc) 

cheers

The GT2 buckets run about 9k Euro as I priced a set about 6 weeks ago.

Your best bet is going to probably be checking the US Porka forums and EBay.

The cheapest solution would be a set of leather Recaro Pole Positions

have been trawling rennlist, the GT2 buckets are big $$ even used, I priced some 991 type seats off carnewal, 6.6k euro for a pair... I don't know if they fit 997? He said the 997 GT2 seats for RHD are in back order still when I asked yesterday 

The GT2 buckets run about 9k Euro as I priced a set about 6 weeks ago.

Your best bet is going to probably be checking the US Porka forums and EBay.

The cheapest solution would be a set of leather Recaro Pole Positions

9k Euro, what a joke.  Pick up a set of after market seats for less than 10% of that, swap the standard seats back in when you sell it.

They fit no problem, the only piece may be the wiring loom you need to content with but I'm not sure.  They have side airbags 

That was my thoughts exactly, I might check on rennlist to see if anyone has done it! 

you could do the same with my 997 GT3.

I was waiting for you (or symsy) to say that....

surprised your car hasn't sold.  Cheapest on market after that similar Porsche dealer car a couple of weeks ago went in a flash for 180k.

you could do the same with my 997 GT3.

You could part them seats out for me Rob! :lol: 

They've done it the other way 997 > 991 as the GT3s apparently didn't get released with buckets in the 991 series there for some reason

I think it has to do with crash regulations there? Same way you couldn't get a Cayman GT4 CS, you have to buy the CS parts of something along those lines! 

• 1 month later...

Nice one, just happened to notice them - seemed a lot of cash but I guess they were new and seem to be like rocking horse shit

Yeah for sure it is, managed a good chunk off it, but still crazy. The bottom line is, those are GREAT and they are NLA. The 997 GT2 type that Carnewal lists are 9k euro, the CGT type forget it..  there just is NO cheap options for OEM seats. 

• 3 years later...

Archived