WTB 964 Targa

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Cool Symsy, I've been ""Waiting for the January sales ;)"" will be under 100k coz "the market's flat"":ph34r:

I would agree, however there is a difference here. Good cars always sell. I have no vested interest in the Targa except to see it out of my garage.

If anyone here is genuinely in the market for a 964 of any description and want a low production build car have a look at this C2 manual Targa. That way at the very least know what a really good one looks like and what you missed in hindsight.

57 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I would agree, however there is a difference here. Good cars always sell. I have no vested interest in the Targa except to see it out of my garage.

If anyone here is genuinely in the market for a 964 of any description and want a low production build car have a look at this C2 manual Targa. That way at the very least know what a really good one looks like and what you missed in hindsight.

And it does look and sound like a really top example with only 52ks. Is it Aust del and orig motor and stamped history? Any idea of how many 964 targas were delivered here Fraz?

300 worldwide that year approx , 22 in aus .  ..

A mathematical new years puzzle 

If a C2 coupe Aus Sacred Cow tagged is $130-150k with 100kms , how much does rare steak C2 imported .. WAGYU  beef styled car call for ?  

Actually as a H.K car .. I think XO sauce prime fillet would be more a reference

For anyone who think they can buy a C2 anything under 110k in good condition let me know , I have some cash left over from the xmas spend I didnt make , I will buy another ;)

Ahhh Symsy, I love the spin. Rare in Oz coz it's an import WAGYU  beef Targa. Targa is the new black? Talk the market down then talk it up -- and not that there's anything wrong with that.

Don't get me wrong Arthur;), I think it's a great looking car and a really good example and you'll get a good buck for that Symsy. Since your'e comparing a beautiful import targa with overpriced good Aust coupes, let's compare targas with cabs in the same breath.

You'll buy C2 anything under 110? Buy both of these for $140 and you'll have $80 left over for the next one that comes up for sale :Beer:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-4585376/?Cr=7

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/OAG-AD-15126858/?Cr=5

Go Symsy!

2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Ahhh Symsy, I love the spin. Rare in Oz coz it's an import WAGYU  beef Targa. Targa is the new black? Talk the market down then talk it up -- and not that there's anything wrong with that.

Don't get me wrong Arthur;), I think it's a great looking car and a really good example and you'll get a good buck for that Symsy. Since your'e comparing a beautiful import targa with overpriced good Aust coupes, let's compare targas with cabs in the same breath.

You'll buy C2 anything under 110? Buy both of these for $140 and you'll have $80 left over for the next one that comes up for sale :Beer:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-4585376/?Cr=7

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/OAG-AD-15126858/?Cr=5

Go Symsy!

only if they were filming a winter special of  kalifornication In Sydney ...

good cars irrespective of delivery are good.

the principle is now well established and accepted by smart longhood buyers owners. Might take awhile to sink in for 74-77 cognoscenti 

and  if you in the mood for wanting  a 964 C2 man targa (or Amy 964 targa) then you ain't got much scope for choosing .. more so if you couple it with Scmick nick and low low kms ... that @Troubleshooter is the only thing then that's 'down down with @symsy targa. 

For me Summer sales are for mankinis 

I also have access to a red 964  4 manual coupe , you can have for a 100k cash  if you want one folks..  seen a few 964s come and go this year.

I sold a GTR today and also have a Etype RED and ready to go out in the January sales

Any way thread Hijack, anyone got any money out there to take advantage and buy a rarer than rare, blue steak of a  car or has all your money  been lost on Crypto in the past weeks .

PS I dont take bitcoin

2018 forecast -  A year of any with the top off , other than a classic cab.. Boxrods , Targas , Rallye Cabs even 930'S with glued on roof

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/20/2017 at 11:02 AM, Dreamin said:

I have patiently been watching the cars for sale in all online marketplaces in Australia for the past 12 months, but have yet to see a 964 Targa come up for sale, so I am putting it out there, I would like to purchase a 964 Targa and if anyone has one they would like to sell, please PM me.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-5535727/?Cr=12

10 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Nice clean car , just check interior… lots of bits retrimmed..   

Not badly priced.. not so many cars produced that time frame around 640 cars only that year and  320 ish ROW cars , vs 9000 coupes!!

But I would be doing a PPI

13 minutes ago, symsy said:

Nice clean car , just check interior… lots of bits retrimmed..   

Not badly priced.. not so many cars produced that time frame around 640 cars only that year and  320 ish ROW cars , vs 9000 coupes!!

But I would be doing a PPI

Interior aside, even though i don't have an issue with retrims, I agree that its priced well.

I always ask myself, where are you going to find another one?

I have one ,will probably part with when I return  home from overseas , it becomes clearer and clear its not a fit in my collection although a very very good car , slight thread drift .. but I feel the targa is a car for all occasions , in the case of 964 very liveable , A/C works , engines good , gearbox and a desirable air cool proposition for many.  Godd for the guy with kids cos they can jump in the back and at low kms , like most air cooled bullet proof.

I get i am now spoiled with boost fever and WC GT3 speeds.. I think only a rogue STR or  a 356 kinda fits the bill for me now..  964 and G series dont make sense when I have the 993 TT

Archived