Porsche tribe gesture

Hey Skids, A quick flash of lights would automatically have me wave back and also have me slowing down as I look for the speed trap over the next 5 kms!

I'm a all fingers up off the top of the wheel waver to all 2 door p cars and it's a bit hit and miss across the lines. I remember coming across the 901 guys on a back road once heading the other way and only scored a couple of waves out of the 15-20 cars which we were a little saddened by (and I'd even slowed down after the first few) or maybe they don't like gt3's ?

maybe if it revs past 7 it’s too young?

If you are lucky enough to have a Volvo then you are entitled to use the V - the peace gesture. If one initiates the signal, the other will usually reply.. usually (only) blokes get it though.

We are a loving and friendly community.

Volvo on.

If it's air cooled or transaxle it gets a two fingers off the wheel wave from me.  

Sorry to the newer car guys but much of your brethren is not interested.

i usually get something in return.

i also wave at mustags, VWs, hot rods, whatever is cool.  No to ferraris and Land Rovers - those guys are too into their own tribes.

I must admit the camaraderie between air cooled 911 drivers is well and truly alive even more so now days as these treasured cars become rare classics seldom seen on our roads.

The acknowledgment received from a fellow 911 enthusiast driver only cements that special relationship one has with their air cooled treasure.

Case in point (lol) I saw a lovely green 964 coupe drive behind me on Kellets Road on Saturday. My teenage son and I acknowledged the driver and greeted each other with a wave of the hand followed by a spirited drive down Stud Road ......

Last night my wife Kathy and I were out for a walk around our neighbourhood when all of a sudden my ears detected the sweet sound of the very same green 964 I had engaged with  on Saturday whilst driving with my teenage son.

Of course my eyes followed the 964 all the way to its home followed closely by me dragging my wife in my wake.

To add to my please of seeing the pristine 964 in the open garage I also had the pleasure of meeting Andy73 and having a very pleasant chat and hopefully the start of a new friendship...what a small world indeed......Hello Andy 

when I drive the 997, I get few waves back from the air cooled cars and hardly any from the other water cooled p-cars.

when I drive the air cooled car, I stills get very few waves back from the water cooled p-cars, but get waves back from almost every other air cooled car, even an occasional hello and a passing comment  ....  this make me most happy 

I must admit the camaraderie between air cooled 911 drivers is well and truly alive even more so now days as these treasured cars become rare classics seldom seen on our roads.

The acknowledgment received from a fellow 911 enthusiast driver only cements that special relationship one has with their air cooled treasure.

Case in point (lol) I saw a lovely green 964 coupe drive behind me on Kellets Road on Saturday. My teenage son and I acknowledged the driver and greeted each other with a wave of the hand followed by a spirited drive down Stud Road ......

Last night my wife Kathy and I were out for a walk around our neighbourhood when all of a sudden my ears detected the sweet sound of the very same green 964 I had engaged with  on Saturday whilst driving with my teenage son.

Of course my eyes followed the 964 all the way to its home followed closely by me dragging my wife in my wake.

To add to my please of seeing the pristine 964 in the open garage I also had the pleasure of meeting Andy73 and having a very pleasant chat and hopefully the start of a new friendship...what a small world indeed......Hello Andy 

@Andy73 you get the the September prize for finding a new PFA member, well done.  Welcome Robert L to the Forum.  

The Green Machine is certainly out and about a lot and attracting attention it seems.

There you are Robert! Welcome to the forum mate. Great to meet you and Kathy last night - quite the coincidence particularly given the Green Machine is usually in hibernation during the week.

Watch out Andy, Stalker! 

It's constant mate. Paparazzi camped out the front of my house these days too. 

Thank you guys for welcoming me to the PFA.

Quite ironically I have been a member for quite some time but due to work and family commitments I have not really had a chance to post on the forum or involve myself with other members.

I hope to find more time now that the weather is more conducive to my 911sc cab. Considering my car has only covered a mere 91,000klm it is a sad indication of my combined work load and Melbourne's  inclement weather ....

I look forward to joining you guys for the next smt cruise .....as long as the weather is not too hot ....not too cold.....but just right ...lol

Now you know why the mileage is so low ...lol

Cheers  Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Archived