2001 Porsche 996 GT2

9er

On 17 February 2018 at 11:58 AM, bear924 said:

I was just ogling the thread pictures again and noticed the seats. They aren't normal comfort spec seats, do you know if the car was delivered new with these seats or were they added later? Things I have read suggest that the ordinary comfort GT2 seats weren't really suited for the car so good addition either way. Might nerd up later and dig into Streather to see if I can find anything in there. 

My GT2 had the Recaro nomex clubsport seats retro fitted which were awesome.  The  original leather comfort seats were still with the car.  I can't imagine driving it with those lightly bolstered, slippery leather seats, as you say they were not suited to the car so I didn't ever fit them.  Sold the car and the seats went with it.

Thanks guys. I did do some digging on this yesterday. Seems that the GT2 could be purchased with three types of seats. Think they were comfort (the slippery ones DJM mentioned),  sports seat (as per 9ers car) and an in between that seems to have had a carbon fibre back that was often optioned to have the same colour as the car. It is possible that I have options one and three mixed up, and they are indeed one and the same.

9er, I noticed from you carsales ad that you car has a roll cage installed. Is your car a CS model, or was the cage fitted later?

The cage was made by RSR Sports cars in Adelaide.

It was ordered and paid for by the previous owner at a cost close to $14K.

I took the side bars out but they are still part of the package.

I don’t know why he had the cage fitted, as he only ever did one track day and I was there in a different car, he certainly was not comfortable driving the GT2 on the track.

He was also the one who had Porsche Centre ADELAIDE remap the car with a Fitzgerald Racing tune, again at great expense, not long before he sold the car to me.

You can convert the analogue gauge from mph to kmph but just swapping the dial face for one with kmp/h - they line up with the needle. As mentioned by OP the digital display can be changed from mph to kmph in the computer - no PIWIS required.

but mmmm 996 GT2... GLWTS!

1 hour ago, WOKA said:

That cash is just burning a hole hey.!?

I feel like a kid in a candy shop where I can only buy one piece of candy. Problem is every time I think I've determined which candy I should get, I see another bit of candy and I think "that candy looks sweet ... wonder if I should get that instead?". 9er's car is one of my favourite candy pieces I've seen .. I am concerned that if I bite in I might find the hard centre pushes me into some nearby bushes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/03/2018 at 7:55 PM, bear924 said:

I feel like a kid in a candy shop where I can only buy one piece of candy. Problem is every time I think I've determined which candy I should get, I see another bit of candy and I think "that candy looks sweet ... wonder if I should get that instead?". 9er's car is one of my favourite candy pieces I've seen .. I am concerned that if I bite in I might find the hard centre pushes me into some nearby bushes.

Nothing bites. It’s all down to you.

Archived