2001 Porsche 996 GT2

9er

Yes, sorry for the skimpy detail and lack of photos.

Hopefully will have a great photo package by the end of the weekend.

Has very recently had a PPI done by Porsche Centre Adelaide, which will be shared with genuinely interested parties.

What happened to stock exhaust?

Nothing.

It is there if the buyer wishes to replace it.

Speedo in mph?

Is the car Australian delivered?

Looks a beautiful example.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff,

It is UK delivered car complianced in Australia in 2005, digital speed read out and odometer are in  KMs.

I think Australia only got 14 cars and I know of at least 4 of those are no longer with us:)

Nothing.

Thanks Geoff,

It is UK delivered car complianced in Australia in 2005, digital speed read out and odometer are in  KMs.

I think Australia only got 14 cars and I know of at least 4 of those are no longer with us:)

Ture widow maker!

Nothing.

Thanks Geoff,

Aus got 29 x 996 GT2, mostly 01 & 02 and a couple of workshops told me under 20 remain - a few written off (including a PFA member in WA) and a few more turned into track pigs when they were worth a lot less. 

i assume you mean 14 x 01 models?

will be interesting to see what the UK factor does to value.  I know ffrom first hand experience GT2 buyers are very fickle.

• 3 months later...

2 hours ago, 9er said:

New year bump on this amazing car, would love to find a new home for it.

Price adjusted to $250K, surely better than money in the bank?

Funny old market, seems great value at that price but a GT2 is much more of an acquired taste and a bit scarier than a GT3.

1 hour ago, bear924 said:

Does anyone know if all GT2s came with a  glove box, or did the earlier models miss out as per the 6 turbos?

My 01 GT2 had a glovebox.

On 2/15/2018 at 4:35 PM, bear924 said:

I believe I'm correct in thinking that 01 996t have no glove boxes?  Or was it the 00 models?

Apologies for the thread hi jack, not too often we get to talk 6 GT2s so the novelty is making my fingers type.

Only 996.1 Carrera's/GT3's didn't have glove boxes. All others have glove boxes.

I decided to get off my lazy backside and answer my own question as I was sure some 6 turbos came without glove boxes.

Found: ref https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=48&t=1028482

The 996 Turbo was unveiled in late 1999 for 2000 model year.

The 2001 models gained electric switches to open the front and rear lids, and improved interior illumination.

2002 models were the so-called facelift cars: glovebox, twin cup-holders, soft-touch plastics, better ventilation, Bose sound system, an auto-dim interior mirror and a rain sensor. Also, X50 power upgrade became an option.

The turbo always had the "996 mk 2" lights (adopted by the rest of the 996 range in 2001)

So looping back to the GT2 mentioned above. I suspect it is a 2002 model year car delivered in 2001. I suspect that the earliest GT2s were all model year 2002, even if they were made in 2001, and therefore probably all have glove boxes. 

I was just ogling the thread pictures again and noticed the seats. They aren't normal comfort spec seats, do you know if the car was delivered new with these seats or were they added later? Things I have read suggest that the ordinary comfort GT2 seats weren't really suited for the car so good addition either way. Might nerd up later and dig into Streather to see if I can find anything in there. 

Archived