996 3.4 Engine rebuild/replacement.

Kelly

I must be getting lazy as I'm not really that interested in rebuilding my own engine for my 996. With that in mind I'm interested to hear about recent experiences people have had with having their 996 engines rebuilt (or replaced with new). I'm interested to know who has been doing said work, cost, duration, extent of work done(full rebuild, partial, sleeved etc). I mention replacement engines because one vendor informed me that Porsche was able to provide new engines at not unreasonable (for Porsche) cost a year or two ago. I'll be looking to have this job done in Sydney.

Very long wait time but he is held in very high regard on the Rennlist 996 forum :) would be awesome to get one of his 3.8 or 4.0L engines! He's also the inventor of the IMS retrofit, solution & SPOFA through LN Engineering.

Flat6 Innovations (Jake Raby) also run M96 rebuild classes you can take online. 

Although i'd be interested in hearing who offers a rebuild service to this level in Australia. @Kelly what happened to your 3.4?

Below is what's typically available in upgraded internal components:

img_0648_66f4c27e295bfdb9b46757daba84136

Im so tempted to buy a m96 engine and just build one up as a 4ltr. Pitty they are still and arm, leg, both kidneys and torso for a engine. 

I'm the same, just to keep it as a spare :D

There is a complete dismantled 3.4L that needs to be re-sleeved from D-chunk on ebay at the moment for $1500. 

Good candidate for a DIY rebuild (no affiliation).

Archived