996 Turbo owners - front skirt

Thommo66

Apologies in advance if this topic is already covered elsewhere. I have had a search and can't find it.

I am looking for some guidance please from 996 tt owners that have experienced scraping and minor damage to the front plastic skirt going over humps or in and out of driveways and have had cosmetic repairs or in worst case a full replacement done.

ie. where best to take it and any knowledge on cost of full replacement etc.

I live in Melbourne.

cheers.

Give Sean a call in the parts department at Porsche centre Doncaster. Tell him you got the number from Bryce vic the Porsche forum and he "should"look after you. They gives us a club discount or sorts. Always looked after me.

Porsche Centre Brisbane quoted me $550.00 for the 996 Turbo splitter Part No. 996 505 355 0001C and $420 for the 4S splitter. Because they are so low they are a consumable item.  I am going to replace mine in the next little while.

They are held on with a screw at each end in front of the front wheels and then just push into the bumper. I understand from the Porsche workshop manual that you need a phillips screw driver and a flat blade screw driver.

Russ PM sent.

Porsche Centre Brisbane quoted me $550.00 for the 996 Turbo splitter Part No. 996 505 355 0001C and $420 for the 4S splitter. Because they are so low they are a consumable item.  I am going to replace mine in the next little while.

They are held on with a screw at each end in front of the front wheels and then just push into the bumper. I understand from the Porsche workshop manual that you need a phillips screw driver and a flat blade screw driver.

Russ PM sent.

Prices must have changed, last time I changed my the 4S was about $330, there's some on Ebay as well for about half of that cost.

Yes as Fraz mentioned Sean at PCD will look after you. I personally put on the 4S front lip spoiler for added clearance. Its about half the cost of the turbo one.

I also fitted the C4S to my Turbo when I had it.  Sensible, cheaper and still look the goods

Thanks for all of the responses.  Very helpful.  On closer inspection the scrape and minor indentation on the black plastic lower lip is really only noticeable when looking for it.  Which I of course given we tend to pickup on any blemishes.  

I will leave it for now as no doubt will have a few more scrapes sometime in the future and will change then.

I will keep Sean in mind at PCD given that's also pretty handy for me location wise and also the tip on the CS4 lip instead of a more expensive turbo one.

cheers ! 

Archived