Modded 986 (US)

Pauly

4 hours ago, TrevMcRev said:

Yeah pretty cool, owner is a member on boxster outlaws fb group...

I saw it pop up on the 944 outlaws page.. 

I dig the yellow lights, but i don't thing the boys in blue will. 

But the whole kit, man.. love it. 

3 hours ago, jakroo said:

I think this is starting to blur the line between outlaw and ricer..... a 'hello kitty' object d art would make it more distinctive.

This isn't rice. If it was rice, it would have an aftermarket front bumper at least.  this at least has Porsche front bumper. Flairs are flairs. It would be a good track build. I'd happily track that. 

That front splitter is certainly ricer material, particularly with the extra bolt on support to the flare, complete with a gap.

The exposed bolts on the flares are also ricer.  Nothing screams 'bolt on' like exposed bolts!

I'm not saying it in a derogatory manner - 'Ricer' is a style, and transcends car brands across different countries.  The wild blue Porsche with tyres that are too wide and that rub in the wheel arches, wheels that are too big for the car, monster sized wing, exposed bolt wheel flares and speed hump collector splitter meet the criteria of ricer.

24 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I'm not saying it in a derogatory manner - 'Ricer' is a style, and transcends car brands across different countries.  The wild blue Porsche with tyres that are too wide and that rub in the wheel arches, wheels that are too big for the car, monster sized wing, exposed bolt wheel flares and speed hump collector splitter meet the criteria of ricer.

Im not sure if you're taking the piss? But that's a factory 993 GT2. Built for 1 reason... To go fast around a race track. and i dont think bolt on flairs like that back in 1993 was a trend like it is these days. 

And everything you've mentioned is what people do to make their car go fast around the track. I dont have 295/30/r18 on the rears of my car for looks. 

43 minutes ago, jakroo said:

Hilarious, this is the first time I've seen a GT2 called a ricer. You know this is how they came from the factory right? Like Pauly says, those modification are there for a purpose. 

They are worth millions these days.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/news/a30706/this-porsche-911-gt2-tho/

Guys,

I'm not giving the Boxster  hard time, nor the GT2.  I am simply making the observation that with all the accoutrements, they are starting to go down the ricer path.  Irrespective of it being a late 70's Torana SLR or an early 90's Porsche GT2 or a mid 2000's Subaru Impreza with bolt on flares, it is still down the path of what we now know as ricer.  The objective of 'ricer' is to look 'racer' but without the $$.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer

Anyway, I don't wish to derail this thread any further....

4 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Thats one hell of an Oxymoron if I ever saw one........

GT2 ricer is a pretty good one too!

22 hours ago, Pauly said:

I saw it pop up on the 944 outlaws page.. 

I dig the yellow lights, but i don't thing the boys in blue will. 

But the whole kit, man.. love it. 

I've got some of that yellow light film, not put it on yet, for the reason you point out.

5 hours ago, Pauly said:

Im not sure if you're taking the piss? But that's a factory 993 GT2. Built for 1 reason... To go fast around a race track. and i dont think bolt on flairs like that back in 1993 was a trend like it is these days. 

And everything you've mentioned is what people do to make their car go fast around the track. I dont have 295/30/r18 on the rears of my car for looks. 

Let me just mention Torana L34 , A9X and Porsche 934 ( rivets count don't they ?)

Archived