Looking to purchase a 911 SC - Questions :)

Seems you've already been spotted :D

That was my brother you talked to at qld transport. He reckons you were so excited...I remember that feeling when I bought my 951, I was the happiest guy on the planet. Welcome to Porsche ownership!

9H8J8v9.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/18/2018 at 11:58 AM, Timm said:

First time I've seen a 951 style front bumper on a 911.

On 2/18/2018 at 1:05 PM, brian in buddina said:

Those headlights look all wrong. Just buy a 951 & be done with it.?

So you got it for the front bumper, you must be so dissapointed the engine is in the wrong end:P

Welcome to Porsche ownership and the slippery slope.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are not in a hurry, I am doing a full rebuild of a matching numbers aus delivered SC Targa. Gearbox and full engine rebuild by George Cairns with 3 months warranty - not warranted if tracked. Full respray and will completely rebuild suspension, brakes etc.. Car has genuine 276,000 kms. Based in Melbourne and can provide pictures now and of its progress. Hope to finish by June. 

52 minutes ago, bear924 said:

That made me laugh out loud, and I'm not one for random laugh out loudness. Thanks!!

Haha you're more than welcome :D 

2 hours ago, FL7 said:

If you are not in a hurry, I am doing a full rebuild of a matching numbers aus delivered SC Targa. Gearbox and full engine rebuild by George Cairns with 3 months warranty - not warranted if tracked. Full respray and will completely rebuild suspension, brakes etc.. Car has genuine 276,000 kms. Based in Melbourne and can provide pictures now and of its progress. Hope to finish by June. 

Thanks for the offer mate, but I'm all sorted for now! If you've got spare parts from your rebuild you want to sell on - shoot me a message anytime :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, my first post here. I noticed all the help everyone gave Smussato, and was hoping for a bit of the same. I have read all the previous pages, so hopefully won’t repeat. I’m initially hoping could people have a look at the below and tell me is there anything that stands out from this ‘88 that I should be wary of?

74128B44-70FA-46DF-9AB5-15BA30065F70.jpeg

89269253-1552-45A9-B4B7-009C28E95CC6.jpeg

Welcome! I haven't been here long but I'll throw in my 2 cents :)!

I like it so much already! You need to buy it so we can take photos of our cars together! Well from my few months of ownership now all I can say is have it driven down to Don at DHM and get him to do a pre inspection for 450 ish bucks. He was very straight forward and told me exactly what he thought of it. If that's not enough info then post the issues on here and everyone can help you value it :)

Archived