Phillip Island Historic's run - Saturday 10th March

21 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

The Shannons Walk had a stronger, more diverse and just way cooler showing of cars than the official designated PCV display! 

I'll be parked in the PCV area Shannons walk tomorrow. Any others coming down?

IMG_3737IMG_3743IMG_3741IMG_3751IMG_3742IMG_3749IMG_3748IMG_3746IMG_3755

IMG_3811

How good is it that you can wander around the entire pit and garage area, on the Saturday at least.

1.   Don't know who the owner of the Martini is but he was also attracted to our Private Porker Parking lot.

2.   Forum member Evan with his SPIRIT OF RACING stand and car.   Chatting with Forum members. 

3 TO 8.     Paddock and pit action.

9.   A couple of big bangers on pole about to do battle.   (The 31 car creamed everyone)

10.   Our Private Porker Parking area ...Thank you Mr SHANNON.

Thanks Scott for suggesting the run down.   It was a great day.

As posted in the spotted thread, we went down in the 996 Cab on Sat and parked next to you lot.

Went down today also ( I know -tragic) in the '89 9 and parked in the PCV spot next to Dalai.

Good racing today and not a lot of carnage.

The Camaro was driven by Ray Stubber and he got penalised 30seconds - don't know what for - but the word "cheating" was mentioned in Sundays commentary.

The Mustang was driven by David Reynolds - he of V8 Supercar fame and he seemed to be having a ball.

Awesome day! Was my first time at the Historic racing and will most definitely not be my last! Seeing and hearing these cars plus and being able to walk through the garages and talk to people about their cars was brilliant!

I got to the Island nice and early. Being the first at the PCV parking and not seeing the small sign denoting the site, it took a little time to find the spot. But couldn't have been a better place to park and watch the racing! Airhead and partner then turned up a little later and parked next door.

343jivr.jpg

Then GregAx introduced himself and we went together through the garages looking at all the amazing cars! Lovely to meet you and appreciated the company!

Porsche 962 - sounded amazing at full throttle down the main straight!

bjd7pl.jpg

Archived