Porsche dieselgate raid

tazzieman

16 minutes ago, ANF said:

I predict Porsche will finally pull the pin on all making/ selling of diesels soon!

I think you’ll find most of the European car manufacturers will, diesels are being taxed out of existence now over there. JLR announced 1000 jobs to be lost last week, sales are down 25% and it’s the diesel market that’s suffering the most.

18 hours ago, tazzieman said:

Problem is emails. Bloody computer age!

Most companies have adopted an email delete policy unless specific class like employee records, contracts, privileged legal correspondence and the like.   

Most email has little value once it is a few months old - better to delete it than have it dredged up again and easily indexed and searched and taken out of context.

18 hours ago, Mike-S said:

I think you’ll find most of the European car manufacturers will, diesels are being taxed out of existence now over there. JLR announced 1000 jobs to be lost last week, sales are down 25% and it’s the diesel market that’s suffering the most.

Pushing diesel to save the planet was ludicrous in the first place.  But still a crap move by governments to incentivise investment in diesel tech for years, then turn around and decide to tax it out of existence.

one thing the yanks actually got right for a change - never was lower pollution standards for diesel which is why it never took off.  And why dieselgate happened in the first place. 

Archived