GT2 RS @ BEND Motorsport Park

Good stuff, looks like the Michelins were working hard.

Planning to drive the track in November and the 968 would love all those corners but will probably take my M135.

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Certainly looks like a great facility ,,,,I have small open wheeler and it would be right in its element at that circuit ...

It is a great facility and track mate. The whole place is huge! Some Carrera Cup guys were testing there last week and raved about it

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

It is a great facility and track mate. The whole place is huge! Some Carrera Cup guys were testing there last week and raved about it

Mate I am surprised the bloody tree huggers allowed them to build it ,,,,,,they seem to be trying their best to do away with Wakefield Park here in NSW ..

6 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Surprised he was on / over the ripple strip so much.....

Shortest way 'round.

17 minutes ago, Raven said:

Mate I am surprised the bloody tree huggers allowed them to build it ,,,,,,they seem to be trying their best to do away with Wakefield Park here in NSW ..

No trees out there when I drove past. ?

45 minutes ago, Raven said:

There was a little opposition to it. A woman said the cows on her dad's farm would get scared and not produce milk in the farm adjacent (4 kms away) and said the trees would die due to the fumes etc etc. Her dad was/is all for it though ? Other than that, I'm pretty sure most of Tailem Bend and surrounding areas wanted it there, as it will bring in a lot of revenue for local business

1 hour ago, firstone said:

PFA track day at the bend?

Lee could put us all up. ?

Yeah nah, I'm too far away mate. There's a Rydges hotel overlooking pit straight

There are also some self contained mancaves being built onsite in the near future. I was told by an employee there that they're looking at building anywhere between 200 and 400 units where you can park your car/bike inside and sleep there at meetings or track days. Whether that's actually true or not I have no idea

@LeeM I think that is true mate. There are a couple of display/test units there already.

The 2RS looked to be understeering like a pig and in good need of a decent wheel alignment. Who knows the tyres may have been flogged to hell by journos already. Coincidentally I saw the car in Tailem Bend the day I went out there in my cup car for the first time. That was a couple of months ago so maybe the car has been whored around a bit more since then.

The GT circuit looks overwhelming complicated, the international is tricky enough to get your head around! PF track day here would be amazing, maybe I should enquire?

19 hours ago, spiller said:

The 2RS looked to be understeering like a pig and in good need of a decent wheel alignment. Who knows the tyres may have been flogged to hell by journos already. Coincidentally I saw the car in Tailem Bend the day I went out there in my cup car for the first time. That was a couple of months ago so maybe the car has been whored around a bit more since then.

Definitely looked to be hard work getting it to turn in.  And is it my imagination or is the cage/chassis creaking like an old boat?

how does the 3:24 lap time compare to your cup car around there?

On 7/10/2018 at 3:49 PM, DJM said:

Definitely looked to be hard work getting it to turn in.  And is it my imagination or is the cage/chassis creaking like an old boat?

how does the 3:24 lap time compare to your cup car around there?

Probably was, apparently all the Porsche bolt in cages do that! I’ve only run on the international circuit which is 5km but only did 10 laps before a coolant hose carked it putting an end to my day. It would be interesting to know how an older cup car would compare to the GT2 both in the hands of a pro though. 991.1 cups are in the 1:53 on the international layout.

Archived