Rarlyl8 930 exhaust

GregAx

About to pull the trigger on one of these exhausts for the 930 and not sure which one to go for regarding noise levels, either street or hooligan models. 

http://www.rarelyl8.com/mufflers-930.html

Plenty of vids online to digest, though would love to know of anyone who has one fitted. From the you tube clips the hooligan sounds awesome but might be a little to loud, if there can be such a thing.?

That's a tough one - on balance, I think I'd go for the street. It seems to sound pretty good with decent volume without being completely obnoxious. I think the hooligan sounds awesome but it's definitely on the loud side - great sound but a bit tiresome.

1 hour ago, GUT said:

That's a tough one - on balance, I think I'd go for the street. It seems to sound pretty good with decent volume without being completely obnoxious. I think the hooligan sounds awesome but it's definitely on the loud side - great sound but a bit tiresome.

Thanks, was thinking the same. I guess the straight out wastegate will make up for higher db on full noise. 

I bought a street version for my 930. Great piece of kit. Very well made. It was loud! Awesome sound, I loved driving it. But be prepared, it is loud. It definitely loosened a few screws throughout the car. But i'd have it no other way. Damn I miss that 930. Lucky I still get to drive it occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Philbee said:

There’s a great vid here on a Hotrod that has a hooligan rarelyl8 muffler....! Sounds spectacular!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-porsche-911sc-15/

Thanks for the responses. I ordered the street type which should arrive in the next couple of days. Then the fun begins?

• 1 month later...
On 03/10/2018 at 18:44, GregAx said:

Thanks for the responses. I ordered the street type which should arrive in the next couple of days. Then the fun begins?

How’d it go? Interested to hear your thoughts 

Exhaust is awesome, great bit of kit Brian has developed over in the states with great reviews from all 930 owners. Straight bolt on replacement which took a few nights to fit. Has a nice rumble at idle, about twice as loud as standard. It's not obnoxiously loud while cruising but screams at full throttle. Much more enjoyable to drive as boost comes on a little earlier making it more responsive. Also has a great burble and pop on the overun which always brings a smile to your face. Quick video taken by my young passenger who clearly was impressed. Apologies in advance for the crappy phone footage but gives you an idea of the sound.

Archived