Porsche for the tall man

bergerac

So my original plan for entry level Porsche ownership was a Boxster but 5 minutes of folding my 6'5" frame into the cockpit of a lovely Boxster S and not being able to move my left leg quickly put me off that idea. Can anyone recommend another Porsche model that may have a little more room? Was thinking maybe one of the front engine models, but haven't had a chance to look at any yet. Budget doesn't extend into 911 territory just yet, the boat ate the rest.

928 sunroof causes problems for those over 6 foot (esp with helmet). Ask ANF...you might need a different seat.(& stock seat is btw very heavy).

A 944 is plenty low and you can remove the billet seat raising blocks which some (? all) have.

Walter Rohrl is over 6 ft 4" and as we know he raced very well in  911s and many other cars.

22 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Walter Rohrl is over 6 ft 4" and as we know he raced very well in  911s and many other cars.

Maybe that's another reason he didn't have padding on his seats.

If you do come back to a 911 I am 6'8" and drive an '81 SC. I have changed the steering wheel out to a smaller one to get a bit more leg room but otherwise have just enough head room (it is a non-sunroof coupe).. The gent i bought it off was 6'4" too . 

I am also in Perth so if you would like to have a look just let me know..

I am 6’4” (190cm) and have no problems in a 981 Cayman. I actually find that the cayman has better head room then a lot of other cars particularly if they have a sun roof and the door aperture doesn’t hit me in the head either or bother my vision. 

Much cheaper than a 911 too. 

Cheers Gents, Ill look into 944's, I do like the 928 but the auto is a no go and the only manuals Ive seen are terrible imports. Definately wont be any sunroof's involved Ive done that in the past and my neck still isnt right.

There is actually a very tempting 944S on carsales but its LHD... hmm..

Archived