Kermit

KERMIT

Just purchased a white 914/6 GT (clone) that's been sitting in a shed for 10 years. Car is in terrific condition and has had a number of "modifications" made to it.

It''s been converted to RHD and has the 916 body kit fitted as well. 7's & 8's Fuchs wheels, 930 Turbo hubs,930 Turbo brakes,930 turbo seats,large oil cooler

with RSR catch can, 3.6 (993) RS engine with 915 gearbox. A Wevo side shift kit has been found and purchased in the Netherlands. Last one available until

late 2019. (phew)

As the engine hasn't run for 10 years,it will be removed and fully checked,as will the gearbox.All oil lines will be replaced as will all the fluids.

Some exhaust modifications to be done as well as fitting of new tyres.

Body off to my Panel Beater for some small mods, eg an access panel like the Boxster, to change fan belt etc. Some minor body damage to be repaired, fuel filler

to be installed in the bonnet and ex spoiler holes to be repaired in rear boot lid.

No photos yet,but they will be posted as available.

Should be a fun car!!!

Congrats! Where did you find it? And why Kermit in your thread title- are you going to paint it green? :)

As a current builder of a 914/6 GT Clone, I am very interested in seeing it when you have photos some :) There are a number of 914 owners on the Forum who would also be keen on photos.

Cheers

Craig

Thanks dipstick.

2 hours ago, crsedge said:

Congrats! Where did you find it? And why Kermit in your thread title- are you going to paint it green? :)

As a current builder of a 914/6 GT Clone, I am very interested in seeing it when you have photos some :) There are a number of 914 owners on the Forum who would also be keen on photos.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig

I have a 1977 Carrera3.0 that i’ve owned since 1985, and it’s Viper Green Metallic in colour.

The 914 is part of a collection of Porsche cars that a mate owns, and decided to downsize a few.

I wil add photos as they become available from this Sunday onwards.

Thanks for the interest.

cheers.

1 hour ago, dipstick said:

Sounds good.

993Rs engine were 3.8lt (3746cc).

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Damn that's going to hoot along pretty well with the 3.6! 😳

Congrats mate, Iooking forward to the pics 

Hi Lee

thanks for the interest. Dipstick has informed me that it’s 3.8, so there’s another .2 of a litre reasons to get busted!!!!!!!

cheers

Ken

4 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Look forward to seeing more of this.... 

Me too! More to come.

Who's this? Zugfuhrer is a good handle! 

Yes,it's been a wait,but worth it for sure.  Being lucky enough to have a couple of nice standard cars,I thought the opportunity to have a fairly serious Hot Rod,too good to miss.

The current owner is as pleased as me that I have it,he knows that it will be finished off and look as good as the other two. We all win!!!!

Hi Barry

Dennis is delivering the car on Saturday morning to Louie's,so i'm a tad excited about that. I'm really looking forward to the project and feel sure that I have the right people involved in getting it done properly.

I don't half do things and I think that's why Dennis agreed to my purchasing it. He was fairly choosy when selling Don's cars.as I remember.

Cheers Barry

Ken. 

9 hours ago, Ken said:

Hi Airhead

You have me at a disadvantage,as I don't know where you may have seen it,or whether it's the same car?

More info please.

Cheers

Ken.

Definitely the same car. (I think). White/flares/big motor/etc. D used it on track and was at a couple of shows.

On 30/11/2018 at 14:09, Philbee said:

Look you guys, 914, 9146 914 GT.... its all very confusing for us dopey 911 owners... can we see some pics pls? Im getting confused....  😲

914 - 4 cyl cars. 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0 litre. 4 stud wheels. Removable targa top.

image.png.c253c4a533db7d73afd57320722bbd0b.png

9146 - 2.0litre 6cyl. 5 stud wheels. Wheel discs. Removable targa top

image.png.2b461bbc1e0dab68cbe8560c54c8375f.png

914GT The race version. Carrera 6 engine, big wheels,big flares, fixed roof. They built 7 and only 430 survive.🙄

image.png.494687badf06763506d4bd5f185a5393.png

Values -

914   15 - 40K

9146   70 - 140K

914GT - 400000 - 500000K

Well,a bit more to report on the 914/6 GT Clone,that arrived on Saturday morning. Some misunderstanding of information has seen the engine being a 964,3.6,not 993 RS.

No matter to me,the power will be more than sufficient.

The 930 Turbo seats are electric not manual, and as we won't be connecting the drivers seat to a power source, there is no adjustment backwards/forwards, so we are going manual. i'm looking for ideas as to the type of Porsche seats that will fit into the space properly. I'm 6'1",so need the seat fully extended which was not the case with the previous owner.

I'd really appreciate any ideas that the group may have. Am I better off going original?  I've heard that original's aren't so comfy??

Cheers

Ken.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Zugfuhrer

Yesterday saw the removal of the 930 seats,them being swapped back for the originals. As there are no plans for this car to travel any long distance,I've decided that original is best.

The engine & gearbox are out and split and upon examination,all is good. The WEVO side shift kit is standing by ready to be attached.

The advertising stickers have been removed and the body is now at the panel shop for a real good tidy up. As Xmas is upon us,there won't be any movement for 3/4 weeks.

Does anyone out there have a 914 manual that they have finished with,that shows the total car. In fact does one of these actually exist?

As soon as I can coerce the Chief to do it,I will post photo's taken so far. There will be photo's of the entire job until completion.

Archived