Morning composer

JV911

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came to my dealer today as they wanted to "give" me a loan car until my RRS arrives. I read in a few forums that JLR dealerships were not very helpful. But my dealer just loaned be an FPace! I asked if I need to pay. He said "Don't be silly". Unbelievable! BTW he also told be another vessel was turned around named Titania.

25 minutes ago, Gojaria said:

Came to my dealer today as they wanted to "give" me a loan car until my RRS arrives. I read in a few forums that JLR dealerships were not very helpful. But my dealer just loaned be an FPace! I asked if I need to pay. He said "Don't be silly". Unbelievable! BTW he also told be another vessel was turned around named Titania.

Thanks for the update Gojaria. What dealership are you purchasing through? I've got a loan car but will need to discuss either a discount to the amount I was expecting to pay or to get JLR to cover the extended cost. They gave me a Jaguar XF diesel which is ok, and I am very thankful to have a car, but I really do want the car I ordered.

7 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Fumigation is complete, re-fueling in Singapore is due to be completed on the 13th and then it will set sail for Fremantle. Hopefully this link should display the translated page: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=id&u=https://www.batamnews.co.id/berita-43433-proses-fumigasi-selesai-3442-mobil-mewah-dibawa-ke-australia.html&prev=search

Great work in finding this - you are right onto it!!

7 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Anyone with a Range Rover on order spot their spec in this? 

This is also a great find.  I am thankful I didn't see my car in any of the clips.....they don't seem to be as wrapped up as I thought they would be.  At least they are loading them back on.  Hope none get "lost"......

1 hour ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Thanks for the update Gojaria. What dealership are you purchasing through? I've got a loan car but will need to discuss either a discount to the amount I was expecting to pay or to get JLR to cover the extended cost. They gave me a Jaguar XF diesel which is ok, and I am very thankful to have a car, but I really do want the car I ordered.

yes I picked up my loan Discovery today (which I can have for a couple of days) until the other loan car is available that I have to pay for.  I sort of feel sorry for them as the salesman was telling me today that they are waiting on so much stock it is really hard.  They have next to nothing to sell.  Apparently Mercedes have more cars that are trapped on all these boats.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that the fumigation has been successful and that customs and quarantine are satisfied when it arrives back in Australian waters. 🤞

2 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

I am from Canberra but my dealership is in Sydney. Canberra JLR Dealership was painful so I chose these guys. They are called Northern Beaches Jaguar Land Rover. The gentleman I am dealing with is Jamie Barry. He told me to keep the fpace until my car arrives and do a handover. This car has done only 3800 kms! Jamie keep on surprising me (in a good way).

8 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Very good find mate! One of the white RRS with black roof looks like mine!

Hi Aus-Ipace - how much are they talking for the loan car?  Which dealer are you going through if you don't mind saying?

thanks.

11 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Hi Aus-Ipace - how much are they talking for the loan car?  Which dealer are you going through if you don't mind saying?

thanks.

RRVelar, which dealership are you going through? And how much are they asking for? You can use my example and negotiate! 

11 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

thanks.

The dealership is Berwick Jaguar / Land Rover in Victoria and they have actually been pretty good as obviously there isn't much they can do in the circumstance. I requested a loan vehicle on the 24th November, prior to the stink bug fiasco, assuming that I would have a loan car for a few weeks based on the expected delivery date. They mentioned $300 a week for the car to cover their costs.

The XF sedan only had 2400kms on the clock but has closer to 6000kms now!

I haven't actually spoken to them yet about reducing the loan car costs so I don't actually know if they will entertain it or not, or if they will just pass on the costs to JLR? I know it isn't really anyones fault here, but a little compensation for the extra 6 weeks it is likely to be would be a nice gesture.

1 hour ago, Aus-Ipace said:

The dealership is Berwick Jaguar / Land Rover in Victoria and they have actually been pretty good as obviously there isn't much they can do in the circumstance. I requested a loan vehicle on the 24th November, prior to the stink bug fiasco, assuming that I would have a loan car for a few weeks based on the expected delivery date. They mentioned $300 a week for the car to cover their costs.

I haven't actually spoken to them yet about reducing the loan car costs so I don't actually know if they will entertain it or not, or if they will just pass on the costs to JLR? I know it isn't really anyones fault here, but a little compensation for the extra 6 weeks it is likely to be would be a nice gesture.

This is the car that they gave me today: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-Jaguar-F-PACE-30d-Portfolio-Auto-AWD-MY17/OAG-AD-16470231?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-16470231

I am not suggesting that we should take advantage of this situation. But, in my situation, I asked my dealer, if I get a good deal, should I sell my current car. He told me, sell it and he would give me a loan car. I know that car dealerships are notorious for making money as I looked into opening a dealership once. Asking them to look after you as you may not have a car, and if they do, shows their goodwill.

I know it isn't really anyones fault here, but a little compensation for the extra 6 weeks it is likely to be would be a nice gesture.

Well it's JLR's fault for not doing their supplier due diligence, and WW's for having weak controls in place.

I'll be pushing for extended warranty, which in the scheme of things is peanuts for JLR. First attempt was summarily dismissed, but that was before further delays. 3 year warranty is a joke...you can buy a $13k Kia and get 7 years!

All articles seem pretty confident that the ship will set sail tomorrow (13th). Seems like the recent 4 day delay was due to rain in Indonesia - in the rainy season, how about that! https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=id&u=https://pinang.batampos.co.id/2019/01/12/polisi-dan-pemkab-hitung-bareng-jumlah-kendaraan-mewah/&prev=search

3 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Ha! Same dealer.  Overall I am very pleased with the service - it really is out of their control.  I am borrowing a Discovery for the weekend as I really needed a car for Monday.  I sold my current car in December, so we have been surviving with one car for the holidays which has been ok.  I don't want to pay $300 a week though, so will have to make do!

42 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Ha! Same dealer.  Overall I am very pleased with the service - it really is out of their control.  I am borrowing a Discovery for the weekend as I really needed a car for Monday.  I sold my current car in December, so we have been surviving with one car for the holidays which has been ok.  I don't want to pay $300 a week though, so will have to make do!

Nice, we could certainly do some collective bargaining then! I'll speak to them during the week about the possibility of JLR covering some of the additional expenses and see what they say.

20 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Nice, we could certainly do some collective bargaining then! I'll speak to them during the week about the possibility of JLR covering some of the additional expenses and see what they say.

I really think JLR should provide the dealers with cars to lend to their customers. They can claim the cost from their shipping insurer who will no doubt already be compensating them in some way. My neighbour has a Porsche on the same boat and sold his car in December. The Porsche dealer has offered nothing by way of loaner. 

Very sorry for you guys who are going through all this, as it really must be doing your heads in. 

@Aus-Ipace I have no idea how a company has the audacity to charge you $300/week to rent a car. You would think such a large company would absorb that cost when you have obviously spent a lot of money with them buying their product. I understand what has happened with the shipping is out of their hands, yet from a customer relations side, that's pretty poor form to expect you to pay for a rental car in my opinion 

4 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Yeah, 3 year warranty is pretty poor these days. I do get 5 year warranty and free servicing with the Jaguar I-Pace already so not much use for me, but I'll see what else can be added.

It doesn't matter anymore how long the manufacturer's warranty is. Since 2011, these are regulated by ACL. For most cars, any problems will be fixed for free for about 8 years or more as long as you mention the magic word "ACL". This also applies to other products. Never buy extended warranty! 

I have spoken to another dealer today. They also are giving free loan cars at JLR. Makes a stronger case for you and #RRVelar.

15 hours ago, Gojaria said:

It doesn't matter anymore how long the manufacturer's warranty is. Since 2011, these are regulated by ACL. For most cars, any problems will be fixed for free for about 8 years or more as long as you mention the magic word "ACL". This also applies to other products. Never buy extended warranty! 

I have spoken to another dealer today. They also are giving free loan cars at JLR. Makes a stronger case for you and #RRVelar.

Ship is moving folks!

On 12/01/2019 at 08:31, Aus-Ipace said:

Ship movement finally!

11 minutes ago, JV911 said:

Not in the right direction though...currently anchored off Singapore.

Waiting for a spot to refuel at Changi.

On 13/01/2019 at 00:06, Gojaria said:

On 13/01/2019 at 00:06, Gojaria said:

Archived