After last years successful invasion, it's on again Anzac weekend for the Classic Porsche Australia Facebook page Mexican Invasion.

Sorry it's very late notice posting this up on PFA, yet it was only brought to my attention today by a couple of members attending PCSA show and shine who wish to attend.

I'm mainly posting here for SA locals to keep them up to date when and where etc, yet if any Victorians or any other interstaters are keen to come over, there are at least 12 cars plus another 8-12 possible maybe. Please contact John @polorot or Sal @stf911 for details

We are keeping this an informal gathering with the focus mainly on driving the Adelaide hills, visiting a couple of car shops (Richmonds and Collectable Classics) on the Friday which should take up most of the day, then Saturday being mainly for those who wish to tour 3-4 wineries as was requested by a few people. We will have someone (probably me) take anyone that doesnt wish to do the winery thing through some twisties and end up at a hotel/pub/coffee house.

Sunday morning will be a quick thrash from Hahndorf to Montacute and back prior to our visitors departing back to Victoria at around midday.

Again, this is not a full organised tour (I can't find my front door sometimes), yet we are attempting to have some sort of organisation so that we don't lose anyone and you all have a good time and a lot of laughs

Feel free to contact those above, @Stew F or myself (0407942151) if you have any questions

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @LeeM, I’m away most of next week, back Sat evening, so disappointed to miss some of the Friday & Saturday festivities, but keen to join in for a coffee & run Sunday morning.

Hopefully you get a good turnout from the local crew.   

Let us know Sunday arrangements, cheers. 

Hey @Rick V

I now may not be here mate, as my mum has had a stroke in Queensland and I am probably heading up there this week depending on some tests the docs are doing.

The Sunday should be a run from Hahndorf to St George's bakery at the bottom of Montacute road, then back up via Montacute, Marble hill to Crafers for the Victorians to start their trek home by middayish 

Contact @Stew F or @AndrewW for any details

Sorry to hear that about your mum @LeeM.  Here’s hoping & wishing for a speedy & full recovery.... get up there see her if can mate - life’s too short.

I’ll track the other boys down for Sunday’s run.

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

All the best to you and your mum Lee, hope it wasn't too serious mate.

Cheers mate 👍 Still waiting on some tests, yet will know more tomorrow hopefully

Thanks mate 👍

Righto then!

For those SA people who want to join in this Friday, we are leaving Hahndorf 9-9.30 and heading to Richmonds where we hope to arrive by around 10am

We will be travelling via Greenhill road from Balhannah all the way to Richmonds who are kind enough to put on some tea, coffee and biccies for us. From there we will leave and head along Marion road to reconvene along the way (somewhere?) so noone gets lost, then head up Flagstaff Hill road to the roundabout at Black road, turn left all the way to the T junction, turn right and head to Clarendon where we will also reconvene.

From there its off to Meadows and onto Strathalbyn or Ashbourne (depending on time, as we have a booking at the Greenman Inn for lunch/snacks/beers whatever) then onto Collectable Classics in Strathalbyn for a looksee. After that, we're going to wing it, yet it will include some twisty roads that head us back towards Hahndorf.

Saturday is for those who wish to visit a winery or two, yet some of us may not be in attendance.

Sunday morning, we will leave Hahndorf at probably around 8am and head via Lobethal road along Basket Range then onto Marble Hill, and Montacute roads ending up at ST Georges bakery where we hope to meet up with a few more people/Porsches. Our Mexican visitors wish to leave by around midday, so we'll take them back up Montacute road/Marble hill to end up at Crafers where they can jump on the freeway from there.

If you have any questions, feel free to call or text me and I'll do my best to answer them

We hope to see as many Porsches and people as we can

Cheers

Lee

ph 0407942151

Photos on FB show the Mexicans have invaded, and you guys look like you're having a great time!!!  @polorotmust have got straight off the cat when he got back from the delivery trip from Tassie and into his car for the run over!!

Hey, just realised this is my 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!

That was a long weekend! 

Many thanks to all the Victorian PFA members for making the trek over for the Mexican Invasion. It was great to catch up with you all again. Also a thanks to those local SA members for making it over the weekend 👍

Archived