Carrera RS

9er

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

On the topic of models, I'm in the hunt for an Auto Art 1:18 996.2 GT3 (not an RS, not a Mk1).

Keen to talk to anyone whom has one for sale....

I'd be real keen on a speed yellow Mk 1 GT3 if anyone has one (of any brand) - believe Maisto may have done one??

13 hours ago, 9er said:

Model nerd here:  I worked for a couple of years in a hobby shop and still work the odd weekend.  I spent a lot of my wage on diecast.  🤘

I haven't registered on mass drop.  What are the prices like?  I could always have a few more 993s :)

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

On the topic of models, I'm in the hunt for an Auto Art 1:18 996.2 GT3 (not an RS, not a Mk1).

Keen to talk to anyone whom has one for sale....

Autoart did them in a few colours. I've got one in silver, but not I'm not planning on selling sorry. I assume you're after a blue one?

996.thumb.jpg.323cbada20859755b4dd1bd6c63fa687.jpg

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I'd be real keen on a speed yellow Mk 1 GT3 if anyone has one (of any brand) - believe Maisto may have done one??

Autoart did a yellow MK1 in 1:18.  Bburago appears to have as well. 

Kyosho also made a 1:24 radio controlled 996.1 GT3 in speed yellow - They released the body shells separately and they came with the matching wheels. 

Tamiya made a 1:24 GT3 kit too, which you could build to your tastes.

My current focus is purple 911's.  I've done some minor mods to the two in the foreground.purple.thumb.jpg.b68598e6fe1315da9160e352d2cd9904.jpg

3 minutes ago, YellowDieselGolf said:

Auto-art did them in a few colours. I've got one in silver, but not I'm not planning on selling sorry. I assume you're after a blue one?

996.thumb.jpg.323cbada20859755b4dd1bd6c63fa687.jpg

purple.thumb.jpg.b68598e6fe1315da9160e352d2cd9904.jpg

Wow!! Awesome collection!  Would love to see more photos of your collection.

Yes, would love a blue one to match my 1:1 version, but would gladly look at any colour. Are you SURE you don’t want to sell the silver one?!?  If you work in a model shop, do you know where I might find one available?? 

20 hours ago, Rick V said:

Wow!! Awesome collection!  Would love to see more photos of your collection.

Yes, would love a blue one to match my 1:1 version, but would gladly look at any colour. Are you SURE you don’t want to sell the silver one?!?  If you work in a model shop, do you know where I might find one available?? 

Thanks Rick.  I'm pretty sure sorry!

I've done a little googling.  They made red (model # 77941), white (77942) and silver (77943) road-cars.  I can't see a blue one.  Off the top of my head they were released in about 2004/2005 - this means your chances of finding a new one are slim.  I'd give Sherrifs mini cars, Model cars of Braidwood or Model mania a try as they're the biggest shops that I know of, but your chances aren't great.

Otherwise, set up a search alert on ebay and scumtree. There's a red one currently listed on ebay for $300

Here's a couple of dodgy pics from a couple of years ago.  I've got another 3 cabinets not pictured which have some 1:12 scale models in them - a McLaren F1, Bond BMW z8 and Vanquish, Gulf GT40 Le Mans winner and a Kombi.  I've scaled my collecting back since I was working at the shop full time.

cabinets1.jpg

cabinets2.jpg

cabinets3.jpg

I've also got a few model kits on the go.  A 1:8 Aventador roadster (blue) which has been sitting on the bench for far too long and this 1:8 993 kit which literally arrived from Florida, today.  I hope to make it a duplicate of my amaranth violet 1:1 version.

pocher993.thumb.jpg.96a8f3d1d2df6768779308cc3bf6dfad.jpg

19 hours ago, LeeM said:

Is that a Singer or RWB I spy top left? 

It's a Singer (by GT Spirit), but I've got a couple of purple RWBs in the background of the other picture too :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

OZ have you seen these in person, i am having a look this morning.

Added these two to my Hot Wheels collection this week

I'm now looking for 277 with red bumpers (already have the blue) and the 71' white + green Polizei edition :D

Guess I could get them off eBay but thats no fun - it's all in the hunt!!

3 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

OZ have you seen these in person, i am having a look this morning.

Yes, I bought both.  If you can’t find any let me know and I will get you some, if they are still there.

packaged as Hotwheels Silhouettes

Nah couldn't find them, if you see them OZ grab them and i will catch up with you sometime.

I couldn't find the Hot Wheels stuff and i was in the Lego section looking for a birthday gift for my Grandson and the Lego Technic Porsche 911 RSR took my eye so i grabbed it, $250 later...........:o

1 minute ago, TINGY996 said:

Nah couldn't find them, if you see them OZ grab them and i will catch up with you sometime.

I couldn't find the Hot Wheels stuff and i was in the Lego section looking for a birthday gift for my Grandson and the Lego Technic Porsche 911 RSR took my eye so i grabbed it, $250 later...........:o

Will do.

24 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Who’s it for ?  😂🤣