Jump to content
911 Snake

Recommendations - Porsche seat re-trim Melbourne?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I've had an itch the last few months to look into having the inserts (middle section) of my perfectly fine 997 seats done in Houndstooth/Pepita. - inspiration from the 911R and a mex blue 996 I eyeballed at #HB2. It looks fantastic!  I think it will give my car a nice retro look and contrast, being polar silver in colour

Anyone recommend and high quality workshops that could undertake the job in Melb? Preferably inner NE

cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 911 Snake said:

Hi all,

I've had an itch the last few months to look into having the inserts (middle section) of my perfectly fine 997 seats done in Houndstooth/Pepita. - inspiration from the 911R and a mex blue 996 I eyeballed at #HB2. It looks fantastic!  I think it will give my car a nice retro look and contrast, being polar silver in colour

Anyone recommend and high quality workshops that could undertake the job in Melb? Preferably inner NE

cheers,

Check with @Philbee, very very nice recent tartan inserts added to the black beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in the SE and there’s 2 joints down here I know of...... blackmans in Moorabbin  and the guy I went to. Blackmans is pricey but you’ll get a great result, they do all types old and new classics, etc.... my guy may have only done old AC cars I think. But he’s heaps cheaper than blackmans and did a pretty good job for me. 

Also, Darren at autocoupe is up your way (NE) ... he’s a mechanic but may know someone out that way. Also, I think there’s some other posts here that point to outer east re-trimmers, etc....Try do a PFA search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imho source a seat of race seats and go to town. not saying you are ruining your seats by modifying but sort of a shame. i will be very hard to get it fitted right and costly. my brother is a custom trimmer and by all means you can ask the question to him @dynamictrimming on ig. I like your idea of a custom touch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philbee said:

I’m in the SE and there’s 2 joints down here I know of...... blackmans in Moorabbin  and the guy I went to. Blackmans is pricey but you’ll get a great result, they do all types old and new classics, etc.... my guy may have only done old AC cars I think. But he’s heaps cheaper than blackmans and did a pretty good job for me. 

Also, Darren at autocoupe is up your way (NE) ... he’s a mechanic but may know someone out that way. Also, I think there’s some other posts here that point to outer east re-trimmers, etc....Try do a PFA search.

Hi Philbee

whos the bloke in Moorabin?

looking at getting my 2 front seats done...difficult to match off the shelf as it’s a dark olive interior...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, G5032 said:

Hi Philbee

whos the bloke in Moorabin?

looking at getting my 2 front seats done...difficult to match off the shelf as it’s a dark olive interior...

Assume you mean other than blackmans.... (They’re both in moorabbin)

D&J motor trimmers (Joe), 417 warrigal rd moorabbin

 - he’s just  a one man band operation

 - he has some std Porsche fabrics from memory and a few other  samples to look at but if you want something unique like the tartan i got done it’s byo. 

 - it’s factory 4 or  something, it’s a bit hard to find as his wshop is down a  driveway off street (a group of small businesses)

 - my suggestion is keep it simple and you won’t be disappointed

(I’m OS at the monent so don’t hav much more info... if google him you’ll find the address & number)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philbee said:

Assume you mean other than blackmans.... (They’re both in moorabbin)

D&J motor trimmers (Joe), 417 warrigal rd moorabbin

 - he’s just  a one man band operation

 - he has some std Porsche fabrics from memory and a few other  samples to look at but if you want something unique like the tartan i got done it’s byo. 

 - it’s factory 4 or  something, it’s a bit hard to find as his wshop is down a  driveway off street (a group of small businesses)

 - my suggestion is keep it simple and you won’t be disappointed

(I’m OS at the monent so don’t hav much more info... if google him you’ll find the address & number)

 

Thanks for the info much appreciated..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used BM Leather in Richmond who was able to bring my seats back to looking like new, he had to do some re-trimming on the bolsters but otherwise was able to keep most of it stock which reduced cost but more importantly kept originality in tact.  It's amazing what they can do with nice old leather to bring it back from the dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus I think I’m right in saying the guy that owns blackmans at Moorabbin is a Porsche owner I’m sure he had a 911 cab was putting a new roof and interior into it the last time I called in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate all the feedback and recommendations guys,

I'm in Richmond so there's some handy locations mentioned near me! Couple of quotes for now and I'll see how I go :Beer:

cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...