1974 Citroen DS EV

On 09/05/2019 at 20:47, tazzieman said:

What a great base for an EV. Engineered in 1974. Very cool.

My wifes cousin in Vancouver has just finished a very professional EV conversion to a VW beetle, 1963. You would never pick it from outside.

Imteresting thing is he basically used Tesla parts from wrecked Teslas. Seems you cant just put in any used parts into a going Tesla as the computer says NO - and you cant buy new parts for a wecked Tesla to rebuild as its not allowed & computer says NO NO NO. So there are lots of Tesla mechanical bits selling cheap in US

He might do an EV on a Boxster next - as 911s of any era are now too valuable to play around with.

image2.jpeg.

With Musks huge financial debt in the billions ,I honestly think Tesla will be gone in the next 5 years or so ,,, the hype will die down and he will just become old news along with the cars ...

Other brands like Porsche for example coming into Tesla selective and at present sheltered  market are gone to hurt them badly in terms of sales ...The competition is far better established financially and can offer a better product ..

51 minutes ago, Raven said:

With Musks huge financial debt in the billions ,I honestly think Tesla will be gone in the next 5 years or so ,,, the hype will die down and he will just become old news along with the cars ...

Other brands like Porsche for example coming into Tesla selective and at present sheltered  market are gone to hurt them badly in terms of sales ...The competition is far better established financially and can offer a better product ..

But what of the new factory being built in China ?  Exclusively for the Chinese market of course.

Probably the Chinese business loan.  “We lend money, you build. No pay back, we take whole company.”

50 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

But what of the new factory being built in China ?  Exclusively for the Chinese market of course.

Probably the Chinese business loan.  “We lend money, you build. No pay back, we take whole company.”

It is an ambitious plan and in some ways a huge gamble when he will be competing with Chinese EV makers operating on Chinese government funds ...But that seems to be the Musk way and what attracts his investors ....

One would hope in the distant future he dosnt decide to stop U,S production and shift every thing to China due to the labour cost being dramatically less ...

I must confess I am not in any way a fan of Musk "SNAKE OIL SALESMAN" and honestly believe his downfall will have a huge negative impact on those who believe the BS that surround the Man ,,,the numbers just dont add up and his dept is just to large ,,sooner or later it has to come full circle ..

On 11/05/2019 at 08:04, LeeM said:

So when the warranty runs out on a Tesla, you're pretty much screwed. In this throw away society, I'm not surprised 

To be fair any luxury vehicle is the same nowadays.   You cannot easily re-engine a Benz or bmw without factory support ($$$) or hacking the computers to talk to each other.   It’s not really a Tesla thing only.  Any power train failure and the car in question is inevitably an economic write off once outside warranty.  Yes it can be done and I’m sure You can do it to a Tesla as well.  But take it into service and they’ll tell you about how unsupported it is.