FS 993 TT, that looks worth the money

SNAP!!!

IMG_1213.jpg

Hey Doug, You've already got the black/red combo and am surely not the first to admire that fantastic peice of Porsche history you have there.

Forget about this particular iteration of 993, especially with those k's.

Douglas,

It is a $10 000 exercise in a 993 :(

....besides, black with red is the nuts ! :D

356A_9788_1024.jpg

Good to see you back on the forum Q.

Have always admired your cars and photography.Thanks for sharing..

You are right Jim. The price moves like a yo yo :wacko:

Welcome to the world of 993 pricing, or maybe just general Porsche for that matter.

It is truly crazy how the prices fluctuate. These are such emotional purchases and sales. The search for my car illustrated this in so many ways. There is still a 993 for sale that I enquired about over 7 months ago. Told the guy he was a bit at the high end and I would be interested in continuing dialogue if he was prepared to move on price. He basically told me he would rather keep it in the shed until he dies. Funny how he has dropped it 10K since!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of 993 pricing, or maybe just general Porsche for that matter.

It is truly crazy how the prices fluctuate. These are such emotional purchases and sales. The search for my car illustrated this in so many ways. There is still a 993 for sale that I enquired about over 7 months ago. Told the guy he was a bit at the high end and I would be interested in continuing dialogue if he was prepared to move on price. He basically told me he would rather keep it in the shed until he dies. Funny how he has dropped it 10K since!!!!!!!!!

I bet the seller of the 993TT is on this forum watching the discussion about his car and he's probably

getting a bit excited thinking gee I might try for a higher price and see how it goes.

Ha, the yo-yo is on the down again this morning as that car has gone back down by 10K in price. Its been for sale for quite some time and started at over 140K....

Seems like a strange way to sell a car. Can never be sure what the actual asking price is.....

C

i think they change the price to bump their car up in the search queue.

cars that have no amendments made for a while come up last in the search i think, possibly a way of just keeping the car higher on the list so to speak

Is this the black car that chris993 checked out?

To give an example I considered the black one with 117K on the clock but at those K's if nothing has been done to it, it might be almost due for a rebuild, new turbos, new clutch, new brakes, new suspension or very close to it, so add 30 to 40K or thereabouts to the purchase price.

Archived