Recaro Replacements for 997GT3 CS

FAP911

Just asking for a mate !

Current Clubsport seats too hard, tight, and generally uncomfortable 

What recommendations are suggested to have a more comfortable seat, baring in mind hanrnesses etc and not as open as the touring 

Are 996GT3 seats better ( recall reading somewhere ) 

Any advice appreciated 

I fitted the Recaro Sportster seats in my 996..Fitted very well...super comfortable..IMHO I think they look awesome...

If I had to say anything, you need to use the right bases (I used the PLANTED bases) or they can sit too high or not be centered properly. 

I have put a set of 997 Adaptive sports seats into my 996.

They have air bladders so you can adjust the level of bolstering you like and they provide a nice balance of bolstering and comfort.  

My other car has Recaro SR3s which are more aggressive buckets and reckon the 997 Adaptive sports seats provide the perfect mid point between a normal seat and deep bucket seat.

39 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

I have put a set of 997 Adaptive sports seats into my 996.

They have air bladders so you can adjust the level of bolstering you like and they provide a nice balance of bolstering and comfort.  

My other car has Recaro SR3s which are more aggressive buckets and reckon the 997 Adaptive sports seats provide the perfect mid point between a normal seat and deep bucket seat.

Would they bolt on to the 997GT3 CS seat bases - Do they need a power supply???? Thanks

53 minutes ago, FAP911 said:

Would they bolt on to the 997GT3 CS seat bases - Do they need a power supply???? Thanks

Honestly I don't know.  But when you buy them second hand they normally come with rails mounted.  I presume the CS seat bases would fit the same holes from a manufacturing point of view it would be logical to make them interchangeable.

They need power.  They are I believe either fully powered (which is what mine are) ie they are powered for backwards and forwards, up and down and for rake adjustment.  Or they are partially powered which means they go backwards and forwards and up and down manually but the rake is powered.

You should get your friend to check his car as the wiring harness may already be there under the base and it could just be plug and play.

3 hours ago, spiller said:

Yes 996 Clubsport seats are more forgiving. @edgy has a nice set for sale.

What he said ^

the 996 cloth Recaro Clubsport seats are the best.  I didn’t fit in the 997 seats, crushed my hip bones but 996 seats were purrrfect 😍.  Snug and comfy whether on track or long drives on the road.

3 hours ago, spiller said:

Yes 996 Clubsport seats are more forgiving. @edgy has a nice set for sale.

Yes!

They are the BEST OEM fitted fix back bucket IMO... here is my former 997 GT3 with my old set fitted. 

These were sold, and recently found their new home in New Jersey USA... it’s odd,  to me because when it comes to these NLA parts here in Australia, it seems that people tend to underestimate their replacement cost, and availability... I’m sure I will kick myself in future. 

2DE7D954-EBAF-48B8-B76D-C1499D808C00.thumb.jpeg.9d4d7d5346dcba5230da6da335d40408.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...