Fire extinguisher and bracket

rminc

Hi all,

Been meaning to buy an extinguisher and mount for some time now. I came across this on Facebook today and thought I better get it done sooner, than later. 

Any recommendations? mainly for a mount that isn't in the way and doesn't require any additional holes being drilled. 

FB_IMG_1622611056319.jpg

I'll defer to the pro firies I know habit this place :D but if you've ever tried to put out a hot oil or magnesium fire with a 500g-1kg "car" fire extinguisher, you'll know it's it unlikely you'll succeed unless you're on it really early!  And the mess the powder makes is insane...

That firestryker product seems a pretty good option (lighter and no servicing).  Anyone remember the environmentally unfriendly Halon units (still available for aviation and maritime) - they were the shnizzle!

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Rennline do a nice one that bolts through the seat mounting points, they often have sales, so look out for that

I have the Rennline mount in my G series. 

Though as Fishcop says above a 1kg doesn't go far - there was a photo of a burnt out blue G series in SA a few years ago with 7 spent 1kg bottles on the ground... 

Been meaning to buy a couple of Blaze Cut kits from Mark Clair - https://www.flameout.com.au/blazecut plus a couple Firestrykers to put in my cars

IMG_20180113_1230109831515869292.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dalai said:

I have the Rennline mount in my G series. 

Though as Fishcop says above a 1kg doesn't go far - there was a photo of a burnt out blue G series in SA a few years ago with 7 spent 1kg bottles on the ground... 

Been meaning to buy a couple of Blaze Cut kits from Mark Clair - https://www.flameout.com.au/blazecut plus a couple Firestrykers to put in my cars

IMG_20180113_1230109831515869292.jpg

I think firestykers are the way to go. Not going to bother with an extinguisher. Thanks guys. 

Even the flameout looks pretty good.