Almost made it.

Pembo

Had the Inlaws here for the weekend so took the FIL to Cars and Coffee, bright and early. Only to breakdown outside Villanova College barely 100 metres from Turbo Drive. Alternator crapped itself. We got there eventually after getting a new battery which got us home. Alternator is out of the car. Any recommendations for Auto elecs that will know how to rebuild a Marchal with external reg?

20210605_073045.jpg

20210606_134752.jpg

20210606_134809.jpg

20210606_134839.jpg

On 17/06/2021 at 20:27, theplanner said:

Did you refurbish your alternator?

Yes mate, got it back from the guy yesterday. Have not installed yet. Will do today. He was very very reasonably priced even though i told him it was from a Porsche! Hopefully it is all good to go. looks like he's done a thorough job from first inspection.

12 hours ago, Pembo said:

Yes mate, got it back from the guy yesterday. Have not installed yet. Will do today. He was very very reasonably priced even though i told him it was from a Porsche! Hopefully it is all good to go. looks like he's done a thorough job from first inspection.

Can you please share their contact details?  I have an old one which I recently replaced, its a spare, but thinking I get it refurbished.

On 19/06/2021 at 20:55, theplanner said:

Can you please share their contact details?  I have an old one which I recently replaced, its a spare, but thinking I get it refurbished.

Sal in Sunnybank 0412462149. Ask him for the address. I think it's Aldyn St

Just advise him not to sandblast around the fitted housing too much. Mine's fine but it's probably possible to make them too sloppy with too much blasting.

• 10 months later...
On 19/06/2021 at 21:22, MFX said:

I bought a brand new alternator about 6 months ago which I have only done around 2000kms on that I will have available for sale soon for anyone who needs one.

Hi MFX

Any chance you might have the new one still lying around?  May need one after I do some investigations on my 79 SC over the weekend.

Guy

Hi Mike

I thought you could only pull it out for me and I couldn’t get anyone to come back to me re rebuilding it and also needed it sorted ASAP as the car is with Garry Russell about to have the AC installed making the replacement a larger job…

sorry mate, next time…

G