993 Mobile Phone Holder

Blue964

No idea where to post this, but it does relate to a air-cooled 911 so figure this is as good a place to post as any.

Can anyone recommend a good quality mobile phone holder that will fit up to a 993 dash? Don't want a window stick on. 

If you're driving on the twisties you want a good solid mount. I run the Rennline mount in both my 911's and rate it. The earlier magnets weren't as strong as they needed to be, but the newer versions work a treat - even on the twisties, the phone stays put and it's nice and neat. Very happy with mine.

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

If you're driving on the twisties you want a good solid mount. I run the Rennline mount in both my 911's and rate it. The earlier magnets weren't as strong as they needed to be, but the newer versions work a treat - even on the twisties, the phone stays put and it's nice and neat. Very happy with mine.

That's exactly what I want...something that will hold up to the twisties. My suspension setup is pretty stiff too so need to put up with lots of bumps and jumps

20 hours ago, LeeM said:

Just saw this on an Instagram page I follow

20210614-181316.jpg

Screenshot-20210614-181223-Instagram.jpg

Just pop out ya clock and ya done

20210614-181655.jpg

I really like the look of that. I'll check it out. Thanks

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

I run the Rennline mount in both my 911's and rate it.

Thanks for the recommend, was looking for a good solution.  

The 996 fitment is very clever. I was concerned it may affect the console/trim, but the video show how well it's done. 

3 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Does the metal/steel mounting pad that you need to put in/on the phone cover affect wireless phone charging at all?

I've got that Rennline mount in my 993 and 901. It's pretty good. I upgraded mine by replacing the standard magnetic mount with a iPhone Magsafe charger - so it still holds the phone by magnet, but charges as well without having to think about it. Routed the cabling so it's basically invisible.

Do you have details on your charger @pocketscience?  I'd like a solution that's  Qi and magnet compatible.  The problem with the rennline mount is that the metal strip (that goes in your phone case) works best when it's in the centre of the phone - right where it blocks the Qi antenna.

I've placed the strip at the top (near the camera) so I can use a home Qi charger, but this means the phone isn't stable on the rennline mount.

23 hours ago, YellowDieselGolf said:

Do you have details on your charger @pocketscience?  I'd like a solution that's  Qi and magnet compatible.  The problem with the rennline mount is that the metal strip (that goes in your phone case) works best when it's in the centre of the phone - right where it blocks the Qi antenna.

I've placed the strip at the top (near the camera) so I can use a home Qi charger, but this means the phone isn't stable on the rennline mount.

This is the charger I've used: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/193898952751?var=494112566501