Planning to buy from dealer

Fun42

20 hours ago, Spectre said:

A Sydney dealer.....the coffee will be terrible

Anywat Fun42, any more information, new, used, options etc

Its new but I didn’t spec it.

They have the options I want (air suspension/ chron/roof )and the price is around my budget.  The only thing I have problem with is the 911 turbo design  rim./wheel 

just wonder what should/can I negotiate? I do get some rugs and memorabilia when i brought one in Hong Kong but no discount as all. 

as for coffee, I  plan to ask them to deliver the car to  me…. 

Talking to PCW DP this week it maybe a case of what you can get as he expects stock to be difficult after Xmas. I had the 21 turbo rims on my S and really liked them. Ride was fine. But try to negotiate, all they can do is a polite no and offer u another coffee 😂

if it’s being delivered assume you have called the other dealers to see what’s in stock?

Based on my discussions on a Porsche hairdryer recently, they aren't expecting much stock of anything till mid-next year.

Far as negotiating goes always ask the question but even on floor stock  I don't like your chances.

If they say no to a discount, push them on merch, car covers, jackets, hats, that sort of thing. Not uncommon to get a thousand or two of merch when the price won't move. Better than nothing.

13 hours ago, sleazius said:

Based on my discussions on a Porsche hairdryer recently, they aren't expecting much stock of anything till mid-next year.

Far as negotiating goes always ask the question but even on floor stock  I don't like your chances.

If they say no to a discount, push them on merch, car covers, jackets, hats, that sort of thing. Not uncommon to get a thousand or two of merch when the price won't move. Better than nothing.

I think every good salesman should never disclose their stocks , or at least I don’t believe it anyway.

will update you guys the result but I don’t have much hope ….

HI @Chanh - How did you go?

I am in the same boat as you. Looking at buying a Cayman GTS 4.0 and based in Melbourne. Have had a few BMWs and good relationship with the dealer, so discounts were quite generous without having to ask. Based on others responses, looks like that is dream with Porsche Dealers :)

The Porsche dealer also mentioned you might have to wait a while before the car arrives (late next year)!

Keen to see how you went! Thanks

13 hours ago, TEGRITY said:

HI @Chanh - How did you go?

I am in the same boat as you. Looking at buying a Cayman GTS 4.0 and based in Melbourne. Have had a few BMWs and good relationship with the dealer, so discounts were quite generous without having to ask. Based on others responses, looks like that is dream with Porsche Dealers :)

The Porsche dealer also mentioned you might have to wait a while before the car arrives (late next year)!

Keen to see how you went! Thanks

I am planning to close a deal in a few days.

My guesstimate is at least 9 months wait.

Have you decided what are the options for your Cayman?

On 12/11/2021 at 23:22, Chanh said:

I am planning to close a deal in a few days.

My guesstimate is at least 9 months wait.

Have you decided what are the options for your Cayman?

I am going through these discussions as well. From what I heard from PCM - we might be looking at 12 months wait. 9 is a little optimistic by the looks of it.

Not fully. Still debating between GTS internal package vs not and the colour of the car.

On 15/11/2021 at 10:04, TEGRITY said:

I am going through these discussions as well. From what I heard from PCM - we might be looking at 12 months wait. 9 is a little optimistic by the looks of it.

Not fully. Still debating between GTS internal package vs not and the colour of the car.

Put a deposit down last week.  Was told I should have my allocation in March.

Keen to know your final colour choice and options. 

2 hours ago, Chanh said:

Put a deposit down last week.  Was told I should have my allocation in March.

Keen to know your final colour choice and options. 

Great stuff. March allocation sounds too optimistic though, but I hope it happens for you. Which dealer did you go with and how did they confirm on March allocation as I have spoken to 2 x dealerships and I got the same 12 months at least answer!

Not yet, haven’t landed on the interior + colour choices. But planning to put in the deposit by the end of this month considering we can finalise it prior to build allocation. 

3 hours ago, TEGRITY said:

Great stuff. March allocation sounds too optimistic though, but I hope it happens for you. Which dealer did you go with and how did they confirm on March allocation as I have spoken to 2 x dealerships and I got the same 12 months at least answer!

Not yet, haven’t landed on the interior + colour choices. But planning to put in the deposit by the end of this month considering we can finalise it prior to build allocation. 

PCM.  The salesman was my daughter's school friend.  I hope he didn't lie to be about the March allocation lol.

9 hours ago, Chanh said:

PCM.  The salesman was my daughter's school friend.  I hope he didn't lie to be about the March allocation lol.

Lol. I got referred to a PCM Salesman as well. The first thing he told me before we got down to business was expect at least 12-14 months before delivery. Guess we’ll have to wait and see