Twiggy buys Williams Adv Engineering

TwoHeadsTas

Election time is on, right?  Must be time to dangle an electric train in front of the gullible.  They even got one started in California in 2008 for a 2020 opening.  Well, they got started on the funding. $10 billion has been spent - mind you, no actual track has been laid or trains been out together.  But a field day for paybacks, backhanders, cushy jobs and all the rest.  Time to let the rail fantasies go forever - the 19th century is well and truly over.  The only government which appears capable of building things is the Chinese govt.

Anyway, back on topic is twiggy a known f1 fan?  Seems like there are easier ways to acquire battery tech than buying a race team. 

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I think this is quite seperate from the race team now isn’t it? 

They were building the batteries for Formula E at one point I think though?

Reading the ASX announcement:

"Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (Fortescue, ASX: FMG), has entered into a share sale and purchase agreement to acquire 100 per cent of Williams Advanced Engineering Limited (WAE) from private equity firm EMK Capital and Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited for £164 million (approximately US$223 million)."

It would appear the F1 team is divesting it's share of the business so presumably that means the F1 team is not being acquired.

31 minutes ago, Carrera28 said:

Reading the ASX announcement:

"Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (Fortescue, ASX: FMG), has entered into a share sale and purchase agreement to acquire 100 per cent of Williams Advanced Engineering Limited (WAE) from private equity firm EMK Capital and Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited for £164 million (approximately US$223 million)."

It would appear the F1 team is divesting it's share of the business so presumably that means the F1 team is not being acquired.

Certainly no indication of the F1 team being acquired, just the separate engineering side of things as it reads

On 24/01/2022 at 11:04, Coastr said:

Election time is on, right?  Must be time to dangle an electric train in front of the gullible.  They even got one started in California in 2008 for a 2020 opening.  Well, they got started on the funding. $10 billion has been spent - mind you, no actual track has been laid or trains been out together.  But a field day for paybacks, backhanders, cushy jobs and all the rest.  Time to let the rail fantasies go forever - the 19th century is well and truly over.  The only government which appears capable of building things is the Chinese govt.

Anyway, back on topic is twiggy a known f1 fan?  Seems like there are easier ways to acquire battery tech than buying a race team. 

Conflict of interest?  I thought Twiggy was blowing his trumpet louder for hydrogen.  Does hydrogen and electric sparks mix?

Two different uses I think. I’m not sure on his plans specifically but I’d assume as others are talking about it’s Hydrogen being produced essentially as a way to “store” energy from solar or wind and export it (like you’d export coal or gas) and be turned back into energy in the other side.