One less place to drive your Porsche

Gavn

8 hours ago, Raven said:

That view of mine is just speculation I have no proof of that , but being someone who recently made huge financial gains from property sale next to the new Badgerys creek airport , I know from my dealings over past several years with Council and the Developers that I sold to how these people  operate , lets just say morals , ethics , and what is right over wrong dose not mean anything to these Development Groups ..

When Hundreds of Millions of dollars are set to be made nothing gets in the way of what Multi Million Dollar interests want ,,,, As you said MONEY is always trumps , local Councils are an easy buy for these types of Groups and part of the process of them running their business..

I live in the area. The aerotropolis got moved on the quiet from its original location which magically benefitted one particular (very wealthy) land owner. Part of the reason the motorways are on the opposite side of the airport to where the planned town is.

Property development on that scale is just organised corruption.

I’ve seen some shocking things happen so blatantly in the wider area since this infrastructure spend was announced. The people involved work on the basis that anyone they f*uck over won’t have the money to challenge it in court. Meanwhile my home town gets more single dwelling lots on top of the motorways instead of warehousing and industrial land because houses are worth more. Total bullshit.

8 hours ago, dobbo said:

LeeM the towns were there first the open cuts consumed the towns. 

Well the residents have every right to protest it then.

As others have said, nothing stops big business when millions of dollars are at stake

• 4 weeks later...

Really terrible news , I was hoping that this may work out in some way in the final hours , but it seems we have lost another great racing circuit , due to bureaucratic greed and Bull Sh#t .

My heart goes out to the owners and the staff and I will cherish my many memories of competing on that circuit :(

IMGP5282a.jpg