912 gluttony

yes, i saw that too... does the fact it is a write off in the usa, prevent it from ever being registered here?

I would imagine it would be like taking a stat write off from Australia to NZ, you (from what Im told) can register it there as the WOVR (written off vehicle register) is a national system only.

If you could get the car here,complied and registered for a landed cost of around $15K I reckon it would be worth a punt? 

912E is a curio and sought after in the US been a 1 year only

I agree if a PPI checked out then it could be worth a punt- been a T4 engine there are worthwhile and straightforward upgrades to make trusted HP and grunty torque

You'd certainly be the only cowpoke in the posse with one

• 1 month later...

Anyone else see the '65 912 RHD on eBay last night? Gone already.

Asking 25k GBP.

Wrong colour

Wrong motor

Probably wrong interior colour

5 gauges

Wonder if it sold or he just pulled the ad.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Posted this in another thread, thought it would sit here better:

I've found a 66 912 locally thats had an average repaint a while back and a decent rhd conversion minus engine. It has bugger all rust and he's asking for under 15k. From what I've read in this thread and a few of the 912 threads, am I right to assume that it's a fairly good price?

Vinnytang

Post pics -

otherwise same answer I gave in the other thread - it could be . Dependent on costs to make it a running runner. dependent on your end game .many ways to own a car like this

Vinnytang might be more than one black (orig Irish green) RHD converted 1966 912 in QLD at the moment for sale; but not on the open market?

Post a pic of the car?

Any half decent car at $15k is a prospect...as LeeM says buy it

• 1 month later...

Archived