914 Color Display...

withers

Old cars are a different sort of ownership Niko, but definitely I can see the attraction.

Did Shannons have any paperwork available?  Sometimes the paperwork can provide previous owner/mechanic info which can allow you to do some follow-up work.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old cars are a different sort of ownership Niko, but definitely I can see the attraction.

Did Shannons have any paperwork available? Sometimes the paperwork can provide previous owner/mechanic info which can allow you to do some follow-up work.

No Doug, just tyre kicking at this stage. However there were two other blokes there independent of each other, also giving it a good going over, when I arrived. There are no history details posted on any of the cars there yet, probably a bit early

Niko. You know I'll go and look at any 914 (or any other P car for that matter) if they're close by. Besides, I'm allowed back at Shannons now that the probationary period on the restainimng order has expired.

I look forward to hear what you think......be interesting to see how far off the mark I am.

Niko. You know I'll go and look at any 914 (or any other P car for that matter) if they're close by. Besides, I'm allowed back at Shannons now that the probationary period on the restainimng order has expired.

Barry if you do decide to have a look, and know a rough time when you will be there, I only need about an hour's notice and all going well I can meet you there.   Love to see what I should be looking for on these things.   I think you have my mobile.   No problem if you can;t though.

if there is a "Mrs Niko" , i dont want to be known to her as the one who made you aware of this car should you pull the trigger!

You are like, in sooooooooooo much trouble froggy!   :P   :D  Aunty Mrs Niko is gonna track you down

Haha there is a Mrs Niko, (who has no sense of adventure or humour) and at this stage she is blissfully unaware of my shady plan for the future.  

However if my dastardly plan does get uncovered, and I get caught out,

I will be pleading "not guilty" and bleeting "I have been led down the wrong path".....  and unloading on anyone I can,

there is an old saying...."An innocent man is better than no man at all"   (that will possibly be you Froggy..sorry)

Better make sure your door locks are all in order just in case.....

Hmmm, that one doesn't do much for me.   I think it is a LHD? bit hard to tell for sure.   Better put up the site so I can have a little peek anyway.

Yeah those wheels look pretty ordinary, (in fact they look pox IMHO) and FUCH's would definitely be the go, but I am just a little bit ahead of myself at the moment

Still just in the tyre kicking and learning phase.   But thanks for your thoughts there. 

Photo in below post.    sorry about that, having trouble loading it in this post when there is writing accompanying it.   Not sure what that is all about but it is a PITA 

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
Sold for $10,800 at the BRANSON COLLECTOR CAR FALL 2012 Missouri.

1974 914-4 Targa Lblu and Black cosmetic restoration 3+ condition
painted alloys Michelin radials, Alpine CD good paint and interior, very clean, meticulously presented.

An impressive cosmetically restored 2Litre 914 with supporting no's and a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche.

Not the most beloved of Porsche cars, but this one has earmarks of a good life.
Presentation is superior to any 914-4 seen in a long time and price an absolute bargain

Almost worth hopping on a plane and having a look around over there 

634_Porsche_1974_914_Targa_4742900154_90[/

how do you spell woodie ...can I say that on the forum :)? Niko if you are thinking about a 914 If so don't hesitate ..COol car .what happened to the silver 914 in Sydney?

Hi Michel, always liked these, good thing is when time comes I don't think it will cause a divorce. Prices are fair and I don't have a problem working on them myself, as opposed to the Box.

If and when, it will just be a club plates car and only out on special occasions. I let one slip thru my fingers about 15 years ago. It is only now I am kicking myself. But knew little about them back then (except they had a weird appeal to me) I was more of a VW person back then and maybe that was the connection that has stuck with me.

Not sure of the silver, Sydney car you refer too, but just "looking" at the one in SHANNON'S as a learning curve, and will probably start looking at ones that pop up.

Deal may be that I have to let the box go though, if I go to early on the 914, so I would prefer to tread water at the moment and just learn more about them in the mean time.

Glad you think they are a cool car.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow Steve, that is something special.   Love to look at it in the metal.  RHD as well. 

Only able to kick the tyres though, if I went for that one "Old Yella" would definitely have to go....and I have grown too accustomed to the A/C etc etc etc.  

Probably looking at something which is fairly reasonable but in the 10k to 20k range.  

Don't mind doing a bit more to it to bring it up if needed, if I get one at the lower end of the scale.  

Could live with a LHD but prefer RHD.

But really like that one..... 

Archived